Mental health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my names Lee I'm 27 and have been suffering with depression ever since I was 17 and recently iv been feeling really horrible and suicidal and spaced out in a world of my own and looking up differnt organisations and it's stupid how the phones are only on from 9am till 4;30pm I think it's discuting so am in abit of a muddle.......has anyone ever sections themselfs voluntary and if so how do I do it I don't want to end up doin something stupid and irrational just feel so stuck and just no idea what to do

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Lee and welcome to SF.

We are the same age so if you ever want a buddy your age just come to me, I hope you will find this site useful to you.
I have voluntarily sectioned myself in the past. You need to contact your local crisis team at the local hospital, they will see if you're fit to be admitted and will know what to do. Be honest and remember they are there to help you. Do you feel you are a danger to yourself right now?

Hi petal am not sure if I feel danger towards myself I just feel really numb and keep thinking I don't want to be here anymore my family don't talk to me anymore and just feel useless I always make plans but let people down because I just can't face people I would rather just lock myself away from the world

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
...but that is not a logical answer to this. I am sorry you are hurting so much and I feel most of the same things as you do. The crisis team will assess you and determine where you need to be. Hiding away from the world to avoid issues makes them worse (i do this too). Maybe try and find something to look forward to? *hugs*

Iv just left a message with my name and number on chris team I'm down with a mental health hospital called oasis its in Stockport that's were I got admited to couple years ago iv been doing really good I still have bad days buts it's just recently iv started to feel really confused and low I hardly sleep but I'm really tierd but just can't sleep......if I turn up at AnE will I be able to speak to someone.......what kind of motivation technics do you use to boost your self up do you find music helps you

Iv been looking up cute animals recently and watching YouTube videos of funny animals that passes time for a hour or 2 but then I just over think things again and feel back to square one

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hiyas, I hope they can help you. Have you ever been on sleeping tablets to help with your sleep issues? Yes, music helps me massively, i'm just after coming off the treadmill, that helps too so fit in maybe exercise into your day? And what a cute cat that is :) Google ''mindfulness'' that can help with anxiety, i also find having showers and baths helps my anxiety, not sure why but it does.

Been on sleeping pills on and off but they don't want me to keep having them incase I become independent on them I will go on google now and have a look I am a member of a gym but recently iv just given up

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Why did you quit the gym? I would love to be in walking distance of a gym but i'm not. Ah yes, the sleepers can be an issue if used too much and you develop tolerance. I hope the crisis team can help you out :)

I got bored of it and started getting a lil bit paranoid I was being watched all the time plus it was bouring on my own but I do enjoy walking to the park and feeding the ducks a lot of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00