• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

i kind of had this thought pop into my head. maybe i always go around worrying about what people think of me because my dad used to criticise me constantly over everything i did. maybe i am paranoid because its an ingrained reaction to my dad attacking me all the time. idk if its true. just popped into my head. okay now im going to make some warm milk with manuka honey

Ash600

✮☆Meetup star ☆✮
SF Creative
SF Supporter
i kind of had this thought pop into my head. maybe i always go around worrying about what people think of me because my dad used to criticise me constantly over everything i did. maybe i am paranoid because its an ingrained reaction to my dad attacking me all the time. idk if its true. just popped into my head. okay now im going to make some warm milk with manuka honey
Granted, your reactions could be influenced by the actions of your dad. But what if viewing things as not everyone is your dad and so will not attempt to criticise you over nearly everything help you to overcome these issues?

Baywasp

Does Petty Complaints Right
I'm wondering what it would be like if I had named myself Yossarian in real life instead of just using it as a pseudonym online. It'd be interesting to be called Yossarian.
Now I wanna reread Catch-22, but I have like 6 books out of the library that I haven't read plus more that I own.
Sometimes I tell them my name is Yossarian at Starbucks, and they always get confused.

Aurelia

🔶🔸✴ 👑 ✴🔸🔶
Just randomly remembered how a friend I really cared about just up and disappeared on me for no apparent reason. I only knew her online, but she really meant a lot to me. Just makes me realize that I've never really had good experiences having female friends. They've all ended up abandoning me at one point or another. Maybe it's my fault, I don't know.

1964dodge

When a 1965 Dodge just isn't enough
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Just randomly remembered how a friend I really cared about just up and disappeared on me for no apparent reason. I only knew her online, but she really meant a lot to me. Just makes me realize that I've never really had good experiences having female friends. They've all ended up abandoning me at one point or another. Maybe it's my fault, I don't know.
I can't give too much perspective on that since i'm male but from what I have seen you've done a good job keeping your female friends here...mike...*hug

Ash600

✮☆Meetup star ☆✮
SF Creative
SF Supporter

Some people are like that, T. They do shit like that for a whole variety of reasons many unrelated to their friends. It's like years ago, there was this friend of my brother's, knew him from Uni days. He had a habit of going of disappearing without any warning but usually resurfaced a few days later. However, one time, bang, he went totally of the grid. All attempts to contact him be it friends, people at work came to nothing. Even went to his appartment and discovered the place was all emptied out. So basically no one had any idea what the fuck had happened to him.

Fast forward 4 years later and I'm at work where I get a phone call. That fucker is on the other end of the line ringing from The Phillipines and saying "hi, how's it going, is your bro around?"

Aurelia

🔶🔸✴ 👑 ✴🔸🔶
Some people are like that, T. They do shit like that for a whole variety of reasons many unrelated to their friends. It's like years ago, there was this friend of my brother's, knew him from Uni days. He had a habit of going of disappearing without any warning but usually resurfaced a few days later. However, one time, bang, he went totally of the grid. All attempts to contact him be it friends, people at work came to nothing. Even went to his appartment and discovered the place was all emptied out. So basically no one had any idea what the fuck had happened to him.

Fast forward 4 years later and I'm at work where I get a phone call. That fucker is on the other end of the line ringing from The Phillipines and saying "hi, how's it going, is your bro around?"
Well, for some reason it was just me that she wasn't talking to. She blocked me on Facebook, but still kept talking to other people. And not because of anything I did, at least to my knowledge. Our last conversation, we were laughing and everything was fine. Then all of a sudden, I was blocked. She never gave me a reason why. She had an abusive boyfriend, and I was encouraging her to walk away because he was beating the crap out of her, so it's possible he made her block me or gave her some sort of ultimatum. But I don't know, it was just really odd.

Ash600

✮☆Meetup star ☆✮
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Well, for some reason it was just me that she wasn't talking to. She blocked me on Facebook, but still kept talking to other people. And not because of anything I did, at least to my knowledge. Our last conversation, we were laughing and everything was fine. Then all of a sudden, I was blocked. She never gave me a reason why. She had an abusive boyfriend, and I was encouraging her to walk away because he was beating the crap out of her, so it's possible he made her block me or gave her some sort of ultimatum. But I don't know, it was just really odd.

I'm inclined to think that her actions were influenced by her abusive BF who may have found out about what you were suggesting and so forced her to cease all ties wih you.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$195.00
Goal
$255.00