My life is a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRW24

Today is Mother's Day... and I am just here, making my mother and everyone else sad.

I don't see what's the point of living. I have no future ahead of me. I couldn't love anyone and I wasn't loved by anyone (nor I will ever love/be loved). My life is meaningless and there is no point to it.

Honestly, it seems I came here to earth to make my family sad and disappointed. I wish this could end sooner rather than later.

NRW24

Not really, it's not something that happened today.

I'm a failure as a human being and I will never make my parents or anyone happy. I don't know what's the point of living, really.

Everyone (specially myself) will be happier after I die.

Were all together

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Then why would you say that you're making everyone sad today? You're negatively is what is controlling you. People notice that. Its not you, it's your mindset. People probably wonder why your so down all the time. You need a change of mindset. Overcoming negativity is the biggest hurdle in depression. Once you can do that, everything else will become easier.

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
Today is Mother's Day... and I am just here, making my mother and everyone else sad.

I don't see what's the point of living. I have no future ahead of me. I couldn't love anyone and I wasn't loved by anyone (nor I will ever love/be loved). My life is meaningless and there is no point to it.

Honestly, it seems I came here to earth to make my family sad and disappointed. I wish this could end sooner rather than later.
The point of living is, living is the point. If your parents don't love you which I am not sure that is true then there are people that do love you. I for one am one of them. The meaning to your life is what you give it not what others view as the meaning to it.

Last edited:

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities

I'm a failure as a human being and I will never make my parents or anyone happy. I don't know what's the point of living, really.

Even though you might see it as true almost no one is a failure as a human being.
Making your parents happy should never be your goal. The most important part in life is that you find a way to get by and you try I know how hard it is to find the small things that make you happy for a short period.

There is no happiness after your death NRW24 we are all in a similar boat but with different circumstances.

Organicmaplesyurp

Some Chargie
SF Supporter

What makes you think that? Death is never something that makes people happy.

merlin123

I can relate a lot to these thoughts, and I try not to think much about it because it hurts, even if I am aware that it's just my head trying to mess me up

If you were gone here we'd all be sad, just thinking about it makes me sad. We have to be strong and to think in other things, distract ourselves, maybe by chance we find something, a purpose, while we are distracted

As marvelfan said don't put your family happiness as a goal, I don't know about your situation but first you have to put yourself before anyone. As erich fromm said, you can't love others, you can't love life, if you don't love yourself first, because you're a human being, you have life, you're alive like any other person, and that's something wonderful. Learning how to love yourself is a super hard task to do but it is achievable, I am sure of that

What do you think of the idea of helping others in need? It doesn't have to be people, if animals make you feel more comfortable you could try helping them in a shelter or in other possible ways. Or even plants. Helping others helps a lot, to them and to yourself, it makes you feel you have a purpose in life, it makes you feel connected to the world

I agree so much that doing a small act of generosity is the best medicine in the world for almost all loneliness and depression! It has been so in my experience. When I decided that every day I would do something nice for somebody else, any small thing - it really changed my life.
We're all so caught up in thinking about Myself, worrying about Myself and My problems and at some point you get tired of thinking about Myself - when you make yourself think about other people and how to help them it makes everything feel so much lighter.
"True generosity also means I don’t mind what the other person thinks of my effort on their behalf. I do my best and if they don’t like or don’t want the food I made, or they are are not happy with how I folded their laundry, so be it." I read that somewhere recently and it's really true. You become happy with yourself when you do good and stop caring so much what others think.
Also, real love is not something you ask for from other people, it's something you can carry inside you for others, when you feel compassion for them and want to help them. You don't need anyone else to have love, love is yours inside you and you have to love yourself first.

Sending love to you!!

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
I agree so much that doing a small act of generosity is the best medicine in the world for almost all loneliness and depression! It has been so in my experience. When I decided that every day I would do something nice for somebody else, any small thing - it really changed my life.
We're all so caught up in thinking about Myself, worrying about Myself and My problems and at some point you get tired of thinking about Myself - when you make yourself think about other people and how to help them it makes everything feel so much lighter.
"True generosity also means I don’t mind what the other person thinks of my effort on their behalf. I do my best and if they don’t like or don’t want the food I made, or they are are not happy with how I folded their laundry, so be it." I read that somewhere recently and it's really true. You become happy with yourself when you do good and stop caring so much what others think.
Also, real love is not something you ask for from other people, it's something you can carry inside you for others, when you feel compassion for them and want to help them. You don't need anyone else to have love, love is yours inside you and you have to love yourself first.

Sending love to you!!
That was a really great thing to read thank you for writing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00