• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

post your major complaint here

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
#63
people who ridicule, make people feel small, and don't take people seriously when they are contemplating suicide or are suffering from a major mental health issue. some say get over it, grow up, suck it up, and worst of all do it already nobody cares etc. they don't know how hurtful and harmful these statements are and can lead to catastrophy. these people cause more damage than the severe depression etc. and should stop these statements just my opinion
 

Aurelia

๐Ÿ”ฅ A Fire Inside ๐Ÿ”ฅ
SF Supporter
#64
people who are always late all the time it's like they don't care about other people
I hate that too. I try to be on time as much as possible. If I say I'll be somewhere or do something at a certain time, I make sure to do just that. And if for whatever reason I can't, I tell the person that I can't or that I'm running late, etc. But people who say shit and then don't bother doing what they said, without any prior warning or anything...I just don't understand that. How is anyone supposed to trust you or rely on you if you say one thing and do another?
 

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#66
The dead. The expenses attached.

Renting a casket prior cremation is 1500 USD for 2 days. Wake and the mass before the body is sent to be cremated.

Asking the pacemaker brand for permission to remove the pacemaker prior to cremation.

Its so aggravating to deal with these things on top of grieving.
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
#67
I wish my dad actually accepted me, would talk to me, and still cared for me. I get jealous of all my friends when they talk about seeing their parents, especially around the holidays. I know at 25 I'm a few years older than most of my teammates, but I still want a relationship with them and to spend time and be accepted. Last year I got invited and went to a teammate's Thanksgiving with his family, but he graduated back in the spring, so I probably won't have anywhere to go this year and will be home alone again. It's really depressing. If my parents weren't together, my mom would probably invite me and maybe even pay for my ticket to go see her like I did over last Christmas break when my dad was busy with work (stayed at a neighbor's house so my dad wouldn't have to see me at all), but they are married, love each other very much and celebrate the holidays together without me.
Make no mistake; I am not blameless in this situation. I said and did things I probably shouldn't have, but he wasn't treating me properly to the point where I often felt dehumanized and chose to move out to San Francisco before I was truly financially independent and be homeless for a few months instead of living with that anymore. Sometimes I wish I hadn't left because I still want that connection, but I know it probably wouldn't have gotten any better. I pretend it doesn't bother me that he's not really in my life, but it does. (I say "really" because I do text him a few times a year to wish him a happy birthday, happy Father's Day, or whatever... he'll respond once or twice, but when I try to continue the conversation he stops answering me.)
 

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#69
I wish my dad actually accepted me, would talk to me, and still cared for me. I get jealous of all my friends when they talk about seeing their parents, especially around the holidays. I know at 25 I'm a few years older than most of my teammates, but I still want a relationship with them and to spend time and be accepted. Last year I got invited and went to a teammate's Thanksgiving with his family, but he graduated back in the spring, so I probably won't have anywhere to go this year and will be home alone again. It's really depressing. If my parents weren't together, my mom would probably invite me and maybe even pay for my ticket to go see her like I did over last Christmas break when my dad was busy with work (stayed at a neighbor's house so my dad wouldn't have to see me at all), but they are married, love each other very much and celebrate the holidays together without me.
Make no mistake; I am not blameless in this situation. I said and did things I probably shouldn't have, but he wasn't treating me properly to the point where I often felt dehumanized and chose to move out to San Francisco before I was truly financially independent and be homeless for a few months instead of living with that anymore. Sometimes I wish I hadn't left because I still want that connection, but I know it probably wouldn't have gotten any better. I pretend it doesn't bother me that he's not really in my life, but it does. (I say "really" because I do text him a few times a year to wish him a happy birthday, happy Father's Day, or whatever... he'll respond once or twice, but when I try to continue the conversation he stops answering me.)
Hugs. Do wish he will come around sooner than later for you to be able to fully be with the family

Life is too short
 

Aurelia

๐Ÿ”ฅ A Fire Inside ๐Ÿ”ฅ
SF Supporter
#71
Some people should not be allowed to be fucking parents. I witnessed something the other day that sickened me so much, I'm still finding myself thinking about it. I was walking to the store, and when I walked past this one house, I noticed a car pull into the driveway. Two people got out of the car, and they were met by another woman and a young girl, standing outside by the front door. The woman driving, the girl's mother, looked like she had just gotten back from grocery shopping. The girl must have been anywhere from 6-9 years old. She ran up to the car and grabbed one of the grocery bags in an attempt to help her mother carry it inside the house. There were steps leading up to the front door, and the girl tripped and fell, along with the bag of groceries. The mother, instead of asking her if she was okay, started screaming at the poor kid. She spoke Russian, but the English translation would have been something like: "What have you done?! Why are you getting in the way? Did I ask you to touch anything?!" And keep in mind, this was in front of about 3 other people, not to mention the entire street. As I kept walking, I heard the girl crying and her bitch of a mother still yelling at her. I wanted to punch that bitch in the face. You don't treat kids that way. That type of parenting is exactly what creates mental illness. And the worst part is that when that little girl ends up with depression, anxiety, and who knows what else, in her mother's eyes, it'll be the kid's fault because she was oversensitive, or not resilient enough, or not motivated enough. It makes me want to puke. A real mother is supposed to protect her children from monsters, not be one.
 

Witty_Sarcasm

๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆœ๐ŸงRainbow Unicorn (Deluxe Edition) ยฎ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’–
SF Supporter
#72
Can you somehow get rid of them? I don't mean off them of course although it sounds that way lol ....but find someone more skilled in childcare. That worries me
Heh, thanks, now you gave me some ideas. :P My mom and I often (jokingly) talk about her demise...well, she is old at this point. But we don't have any clout in this, as CPS has been to see him multiple times and deems that he is ok...though I really don't think that's the case.
 

Witty_Sarcasm

๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆœ๐ŸงRainbow Unicorn (Deluxe Edition) ยฎ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’–
SF Supporter
#73
And then there's my sister, who isn't as mean to him...but could still definitely be more patient. But when I hear about this woman wanting to wash his mouth out with soap...I understand some people use this as a punishment, but I don't like the idea of it. Along with handling him very roughly for minor things.
 

Witty_Sarcasm

๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆœ๐ŸงRainbow Unicorn (Deluxe Edition) ยฎ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’–
SF Supporter
#74
I should make this more clear I guess. My sister is his biological mom, the woman who's mean to him is a family friend he lives with. She's also his legal guardian. And there's a guy who lives there who swears and yells at my nephew. She said when she dies, my nephew is going to her son downstate. My mom said she will fight that tooth and nail. We are his family after all.
 

Harmony

Well-Known member
SF Supporter
#75
She's also his legal guardian. And there's a guy who lives there who swears and yells at my nephew. She said when she dies, my nephew is going to her son downstate. My mom said she will fight that tooth and nail. We are his family after all.
Said guardian, although she may be well intended, obviously lacks judgement as evidenced by the fact your nephew ended up on nebulizing treatments. Likewise, why move him away from his biological family? That is not acting in his best interest. CPS/DCF can be a real joke.... I'll leave that rant for another time but the things I have seen them do ughh!
 
#76
Some people should not be allowed to be fucking parents. I witnessed something the other day that sickened me so much, I'm still finding myself thinking about it. I was walking to the store, and when I walked past this one house, I noticed a car pull into the driveway. Two people got out of the car, and they were met by another woman and a young girl, standing outside by the front door. The woman driving, the girl's mother, looked like she had just gotten back from grocery shopping. The girl must have been anywhere from 6-9 years old. She ran up to the car and grabbed one of the grocery bags in an attempt to help her mother carry it inside the house. There were steps leading up to the front door, and the girl tripped and fell, along with the bag of groceries. The mother, instead of asking her if she was okay, started screaming at the poor kid. She spoke Russian, but the English translation would have been something like: "What have you done?! Why are you getting in the way? Did I ask you to touch anything?!" And keep in mind, this was in front of about 3 other people, not to mention the entire street. As I kept walking, I heard the girl crying and her bitch of a mother still yelling at her. I wanted to punch that bitch in the face. You don't treat kids that way. That type of parenting is exactly what creates mental illness. And the worst part is that when that little girl ends up with depression, anxiety, and who knows what else, in her mother's eyes, it'll be the kid's fault because she was oversensitive, or not resilient enough, or not motivated enough. It makes me want to puke. A real mother is supposed to protect her children from monsters, not be one.
You are totally right. Absolutely right. My father was like this (my mother a little less). My relationship with my parents changed drastically when for the first time they said "it's okay, don't worry, it's not important. We will work this out" when I was totally waiting for them to yell the shit out of me. Since then I can say for sure that I like my parents.
You are right to be upset and I only wish it was possible for us to intervene.
I guess it only takes to be chaotic good to actually step in haha.
 

Witty_Sarcasm

๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆœ๐ŸงRainbow Unicorn (Deluxe Edition) ยฎ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’–
SF Supporter
#78
Said guardian, although she may be well intended, obviously lacks judgement as evidenced by the fact your nephew ended up on nebulizing treatments. Likewise, why move him away from his biological family? That is not acting in his best interest. CPS/DCF can be a real joke.... I'll leave that rant for another time but the things I have seen them do ughh!
Yep, I don't understand the system at all. He would be most loved and cared for with me and my mom...but they don't seem to see that for some reason. My mom had called CPS herself once and they still don't seem to take the issue seriously.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
#79
don't get me wrong I think make up good hair style men/women etc. is ok if that's what a person wants. my complaint is when people spend a fortune to look young beauty creams etc. plastic surgery and all kind of things to look young, companys make billions in this industry and people get scammed and are at risk with some of these surgerys
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
#80
puppy mills I don't think puppy mills should be allowed to exist they should have a limit of how many dogs a breeder can have so all can have proper vet care clean kennels good food and enough human interaction the best way would be foster out the mother/pups to people pay expenses plus a small % of each pup to the foster family this way the dogs would have a loving home and of course find foster families for the males as well also stiffen animal abuse and neglect laws
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top