The Fuck You Thread

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
My recent bit of medical drama caused me to drop a bunch of weight very quickly. A few people have commented on it, mostly out of concern. But, the other day, someone told me they wished the same would happen to them.

Are you fucking kidding me? You want to spend days in bed, unable to keep a single bite of food or sip of water in you? You want to throw up so much that the inside of your mouth has chemical burns from the stomach acid, and the only thing coming up is a nasty sludge that the doctor later explains is partially digested blood from your esophagus? You want to spend days in the hospital? You get that this literally could have killed me, right?

I managed to keep my cool and just calmly but seriously say “No, you really don’t.” But I’d like to wish her a hearty [title of this thread].

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
My recent bit of medical drama caused me to drop a bunch of weight very quickly. A few people have commented on it, mostly out of concern. But, the other day, someone told me they wished the same would happen to them.

Are you fucking kidding me? You want to spend days in bed, unable to keep a single bite of food or sip of water in you? You want to throw up so much that the inside of your mouth has chemical burns from the stomach acid, and the only thing coming up is a nasty sludge that the doctor later explains is partially digested blood from your esophagus? You want to spend days in the hospital? You get that this literally could have killed me, right?

I managed to keep my cool and just calmly but seriously say “No, you really don’t.” But I’d like to wish her a hearty [title of this thread].
omg this has griped me for ages! It's so sad that as a society we'e so associated with weight loss as a good thing we'd be envious of someone super sick just because they're dropping weight that we can't shift ourselves. I never understood it!

So sorry you were/are sick, hope you feel better soon/or are doing better.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
omg this has griped me for ages! It's so sad that as a society we'e so associated with weight loss as a good thing we'd be envious of someone super sick just because they're dropping weight that we can't shift ourselves. I never understood it!

Yeah, the obsession with weight rather than health has led to some sick attitudes.

I‘ve been overweight and reasonably healthy, and also sick and underweight. I’d take the former over the latter any time.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter

When I was going through treatment for breast cancer my boss said "You look great, you should get cancer more often!" Obviously the wig and no eyebrow look was better than I normally look! I know she meant it as a joke and probably meant well but I really wanted to slap her.

Lonelygirlfn

Fuck the boy (I can't call him a man) who used me as a rebound for the last 4 months, pretending to want a relationship with me, telling me, that he loves me, just to get revenge on his ex, who dumped him. As if I don't have enough problems..thanks. Priviliged little mf. He has a happy life, always had it easy, doesn't understand for one second what real problems are..runs around and uses people who are on the edge of ending it all anyway. Thanks for bringing back my suicidal thoughts..oh and fuck you universe for making life so painfully unfair to the ones who have it hard anyway. And he has the nerve after all of his lies and manipulation and messing with my head to thank me for "such a great time" ..I wanna throw up

Fuck the boy (I can't call him a man) who used me as a rebound for the last 4 months, pretending to want a relationship with me, telling me, that he loves me, just to get revenge on his ex, who dumped him. As if I don't have enough problems..thanks. Priviliged little mf. He has a happy life, always had it easy, doesn't understand for one second what real problems are..runs around and uses people who are on the edge of ending it all anyway. Thanks for bringing back my suicidal thoughts..oh and fuck you universe for making life so painfully unfair to the ones who have it hard anyway. And he has the nerve after all of his lies and manipulation and messing with my head to thank me for "such a great time" ..I wanna throw up
I'm sorry to hear what happened. *sadhug

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter

I am still flummoxed at when and how emaciation, especially for women, became the gold standard for beauty in people to the point that you have people starving themselves for a stupid and unrealistic idea of perfection.

Bergerac

Absolutely disgusting! People have no shame. I hope this is done back to him and you find someone decent. So sorry about it.

Wow, I'm just finding this thread now? So many F U's I want to give... Today I will choose nightmares almost every night about people you don't want in your head, or yourself in horrible scenarios or doing something you would never do. Really? Getting me during the day isn't bad enough, you have to get me in my sleep too, which is already something I have trouble with?

I also appreciate waking up from these nightmares at 2 am four hours before I have to get up for work, not being able to go back to sleep again, and feeling like a bag of crap for the rest of the day because I got no sleep. thanks

Pearl12

My mom. For not being there for me when I was younger. For not standing up for me, or teaching me the skills I needed to know to become an adult. And then -- even worse -- holding me accountable for not knowing them. How was I supposed to know? How do kids learn? It was HER job to teach me.

For completely invalidating me when I told her what my dad did to me, and how I needed her, I needed to be able to breathe, and it was HER job to protect me, and all she said was, "I knew your father, and if I thought you were in any danger, I would have done something." That is not fucking good enough. SHE was not enough. She was not there for me. And as I result I always feel that I am not enough.

For being complicit in creating and perpetuating the trauma that fucked up my ability to have stable, secure attachments. For teaching me to run instead of stay, when I love someone, who loves me back. For making me this way, and not seeing it, or owning it, or apologizing for it. For being oblivious. For putting herself first. For not paying for my therapy that I need because of her. For being so much of the reason that I have felt so alone for so much of my life.

Fuck you, mom.

Inanimate

Fuck humans, children and adults alike. Fuck children who grow up to be blind and useless and consequently enable other children to do whatever the fuck they want whenever they feel like it. Human civilization is just a glorified playground for the whims of the socially dominant, and the planet on which it thrives is a ceaseless merry go ‘round that is poised to amuse the greediest, emptiest, most fucked up children among us.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00