1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The road to weight loss

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by cvb2377, Nov 17, 2017.

1. MrB79

MrB79 Well-Known Member

I'd like to get back into my fitness routine. Its a challenge when you have limited space to work out in. Gyms are so expensive. The one I went to was dirty and half the equipment was broken. I love walking, but its been so cold lately.

2. That's amazing! I wish that I exercised more than I did now... I'm not good at physical weight loss, but right now I'm on day 2 of my starvation week. Dieting is fun! By the way, you lost 25 pounds? That's amazing! Keep up the good work!

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Thank you for replying :) I'm going to add green tea into my diet. I also happen to like sweet potato so might try that too. I eat low fat yogurt as snacks :) Thanks for the valuable information and as for people noticing your weight loss. Kudos to you :) you'll get there, you sound determined. It certainly isn't easy but you've got in in you :)

cvb2377 and MrB79 like this.
  4. Petal

WanT to add... I am really proud of you. 35 pounds is a LOT of weight, think about how much a pound of butter is, its huge. It takes commitment and determination to lose 35lbs and you're still on track, you should be proud of yourself. Keep it up :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    cvb2377 and Reaver like this.
  5. cvb2377

cvb2377 Well-Known Member

So I really kicked up my cardio at the gym. I started going 2.5 miles per hour on the treadmill and a couple days ago I decided to see how long I could go at that speed. Turns out I went for a full hour and walked 2 and a half miles! I just finished another 2 and a half miles today and I think I’ll keep doing it. My Fitbit says I burn upwards to 900 calories and I hope it true lol. I also decided to take 1 day off a week so I can rest, I rather enjoy it.

6. cvb2377

I haven’t posted in so long! I’ve still been keeping up my health and fitness since the last post though so don’t worry lol. Looks like I was 272 pounds the last time I posted and I’m now about 235 pounds currently! My new goal is to get as close to 200 pounds as I can by September when I got on my week long Disney cruise. I actually reduced my workouts to 5 days a week recently and I love cardio so much that I do a hour and 20 minuets of it every time I hit the gym. I started working out mostly because I hated the fact that I was almost to fat to fit on the rides at Disney last year, it’s my yearly tradition to go and I didn’t want to lose the happiness I feel when I go. I can’t wait to see the difference when I go this year exactly a year later. I think once I get to 200 pounds then I’ll be happy overall. I even went from a 2X T-shirt and a size 22 pants to a 1X and size 18 pants.

7. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! :)

cvb2377 likes this.
  8. Aspasia

Aspasia Well-Known Member

How did you get the motivation to start? And, congrats. You have every reason to be proud. It’s such hard work.

9. sassy123

sassy123 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Good for you congrats hugs

Unknown_111 likes this.
  10. cvb2377

I was sick of being fat and not liking what I saw in the mirror. It all came to a head when on my annual trip to Disney, I was almost to big to fit on the rides. As soon as I got home I started working out and eating better.that was 8 long months ago. Now I feel weird if I don’t workout and I love cardio.

11. sassy123

sassy123 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Yes working out or going for a walk can make you feel a lot better hugs

12. Petal

You are doing so well, proud of you, hope I can make it down to your weight at some stage, your hard work has paid off, well done and hope you reach your target of 200 in September :) You're an inspiration.

cvb2377 likes this.
  13. Sunday16

Sunday16 Well-Known Member

@cvb2377 your success is so inspiring! How wonderful your progress has been, you must be very proud and have every reason to be. Thank you for posting your story and your updates, they are marvelous and so are you!

14. agwoodliffe

agwoodliffe Well-Known Member

I truly believe weight loss is one of the most challenging things a human being can face. It takes a lot of discipline, dedication and hard work.