We're quitters!

Harmony

SF Supporter
VitD is essential in my case as well. My levels were super low to the point I actually could feel a difference in the symptoms of depression when my levels became normal again. Dually noted, VitD makes Calcium more absorbable antd being among the highest risk group demographically for osteoporosis -Caucasian women with a small frame- I am not chancing it. I've seen too many terrible cases of Kyphosis and it can help in prevention.
Now if only I could ditch the damn cigarettes! Made it 4 days so far

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
VitD is essential in my case as well. My levels were super low to the point I actually could feel a difference in the symptoms of depression when my levels became normal again. Dually noted, VitD makes Calcium more absorbable antd being among the highest risk group demographically for osteoporosis -Caucasian women with a small frame- I am not chancing it. I've seen too many terrible cases of Kyphosis and it can help in prevention.
Now if only I could ditch the damn cigarettes! Made it 4 days so far
4 days is great you're on the right track please keep up the good work take it one day at a time you are doing a great job for something that's so hard to do I hope you post tomorrow that you made it 5 days

BraveFace

SF Supporter
Ok so only have $8 in cash and 3 cigarettes left so going to go home and not buy anymore and see if this can be a start and start to read the Carr book...
Kiwi, just to let you know, the book recommends smoking whilst reading it - he explains why and it makes sense. I would get some more so you can comfortably read the book as it kind of goes hand in hand.

:) x

ravens

SF Supporter
Had a slip but on day 3 now. For me I know from my past quits I can't get too excited because I have quit for a week or 2 so many times. I have even quit for a few months a few times and I always then have one after a stressful event and eventually end up smoking regularly again. I won't get overconfident but at the same time trying to be optimistic.

The sad thing is I've always been a really active person and when I smoke it really makes me not want to do as much. Who wants to go biking when your lungs can barely breath? Fuck this shit I don't wanna die not being able to breath. Also when I think back the first cigarette after a period of quitting is nasty. When you are past withdrawal phase they only make you feel tired. So mad at myself for having to quit again but gotta move on tomorrow is day 4 here we go.

Last edited:

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I'm still doing good, I don't think about it or have any urges. A co-worker recently came back from an extended vacation. When he takes his cig breaks the smoke comes in through the back door, and it's revolting, so that's a good sign.
I think you are doing a great job keep up the good work when I smell smoke I still enjoy it I wonder if that will ever change

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I had been leeching down the last half of a pack for a week so those are gone (finished on sunday). I am still hanging around with an ecig that isn't too exciting. That's lasted me 10 days but I'm pretty sure is about to be gone. Now to decide whether to buy one more to segue off completely. I'm not cranky or shitty or anything but also not completely nicotine free so... maybe the best is yet to come :)

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Made Monday and most of Tuesday smoke free but after a series of events on Tuesday, put my hands on my head and wanted to scream so I drove to the store for 2 packs of smokes. Its harder this time than last time I must say.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I had been leeching down the last half of a pack for a week so those are gone (finished on sunday). I am still hanging around with an ecig that isn't too exciting. That's lasted me 10 days but I'm pretty sure is about to be gone. Now to decide whether to buy one more to segue off completely. I'm not cranky or shitty or anything but also not completely nicotine free so... maybe the best is yet to come :)
if you aren't quite ready to make the break get another ecig you may not be nicotine free but you wouldn't be on the patch either you still aren't smoking so you're still quit it's hard I know but we're proud of you keep up the good work

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00