Were you bullied?

gazjustgaz

Lord Duckington II
I was bullied up until my late teens. the worst and best thing that ever happened to me when I was 10-ish (probably earlier) a bunch of troublemakers started throwing rocks at me right in front of our house (shack, really) when my parents weren't around. And, as if on cue my big brother (1 year older) hand his friends showed up, yelling at them to not bother me ever again. The bullies never stopped ofc but things do get easier.

Were you bullied at school or in the work place? If so, why do you think you were targeted?

I left school in 2004 age 14, I could not face the bullies anymore,it was constant slagging and torment. I was an easy target for bullies because of my shyness and naivety. I'd rather not say what they did because it is a long story.

Feel free to share your bullying story! I'd like to hear them. I think more should be done to protect kids from bullying other kids but I have no idea as to what. Also how were you affected?
I was bullied at school so badly that i also had to leave school 2 years before graduating. 10 years later and the taunts still play in my head all day everyday. I will never be a normal functioning adult thanks to my bullies. I want to die just to end the daily torture they've created in my head.

I was bulled from kindergarten up until I just about left high school. I was shy and anxious, my father was an alcoholic who scared the crap of me until I was in my late teens. I was afraid he would seriously hurt my mother. Other kids took advantage of the fact that i would not know what to do when confronted because I would become terribly anxious and afraid. To this day, the sound of people fighting, slamming doors, raised voices still transports me back in time to being a child and not understanding why the adults I loved seemed like they wanted to kill one another. I have a hard time still with confrontation and so one of two things happen, I either come off as very aggressive when confronted or I end up feeling meek and bullied again. Still trying to find the middle ground after all these years. People are horrible. They will prey on perceived weakness. In the thread about posting how you feel today i posted a picture of a wolf, ears back and snarling. That's how i feel a lot of time with people. I'm older now and in a position of authority myself and I am shocked at how my peers bully those under them--even now...it never ends. I don't get it. My instinct is to protect. I gather up all the misfits and nerds and introverts--which are all things that i am--and I work to place them in positions of authority to even the balance. Why are people so cruel? I just don't understand that kind of behavior.

Jaz

I got bullied largly for my voice. Maybe i was too dweebish looking as well and maybe because i was different as well

Jinis40

I was bullied throughout school and was really awkward-looking and low-income. I still get a little picked on by adults who are "just teasing" but that's only occasionally. It's like I attract that kind of attention for some reason even though I'm no longer dorky or shy.

Fizzy1982

I was bullied in my last year of high school cause i was overweight and not that goodlooking.
People of who i thought were friends stabbed me in the back and picked the side of the bullies.

They even sent me text messages in school so i had proof when i went to the principal.
He didn’t believe even though the evidence was in front of him, he said they those people would never do something like that and he called me liar straight into my face

Lucky for me there was 1 teacher who stood up for me but still, the damage was done and now i still carry on the scars from those events

I was bullied at a young age and it's come and gone and from various sources ever since. In terms of school, I was bullied from at least first grade all the way to middle school. Thankfully, due to a variety of reasons (smaller, "more like me" school; being less obnoxious and confrontational; etc.), bullying in school stopped for me starting in high school.

In terms of non school bullying, one of my brothers (I've always been the oldest of my siblings, so obviously he was younger) liked to antagonize me and drive me nuts in the past. Fortunately, he's greatly calmed down and we get along pretty well now. Also, some people online like to give me a hard time or insult me in a mean spirited way, especially from this one community for an online game that I've been a part of for a long while. That's unfortunately still going on and I doubt it will ever completely stop.

There was some other incidents, but that's some of the major ones in a nutshell.

Last edited:

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yes that memories are coming back to me bad ones. By school teachers. If I saw the two teachers Ill punch them in the sternum for changing the trajectory of my path significantly. One in grade school and other one in HS. Funny how frail one can be at 70? Perhaps 80 by now breaking their ribs like they shattered my heart into a million pieces and the shards I am still picking out of my skin 25+ years later. I forgot how old I was. Figuratively. The teachers are too old to be still teaching so no longer a threat to children.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Yes that memories are coming back to me bad ones. By school teachers. If I saw the two teachers Ill punch them in the sternum for changing the trajectory of my path significantly. One in grade school and other one in HS. Funny how frail one can be at 70? Perhaps 80 by now breaking their ribs like they shattered my heart into a million pieces and the shards I am still picking out of my skin 25+ years later. I forgot how old I was. Figuratively. The teachers are too old to be still teaching so no longer a threat to children.
Sorry to hear you had to deal with some shitty teachers. It's bad enough to be picked on by your fellow peers, but teachers shouldn't be doing things like that. I remember that I took off a lot of time in 8th grade because I was sick of being bullied. When I got back, my teacher asked if I just sat on my butt eating bonbons all day and watching soaps, and the whole class laughed at my expense. I hope those teachers realize what they did and regret it.

Imadeyouup

Yes I was bulied from primary 3 onwards by one boy whom thought because I was in Scotland and i had England accent was wrong so bullied me for it later on it became about my weight i was puttingon a lot of weight because i was comfort eating by Prinmary 7 i was geting bullied so badly that i became really depressed started missing days in school because i refused to go because it was that bad by the time i was 14 i had left school completely.

-L-

Yes, in school, from 4th grade of elementary school to 4th grade of secondary school, about 6 very long years.

Yes I was bulied from primary 3 onwards by one boy whom thought because I was in Scotland and i had England accent was wrong so bullied me for it later on it became about my weight i was puttingon a lot of weight because i was comfort eating by Prinmary 7 i was geting bullied so badly that i became really depressed started missing days in school because i refused to go because it was that bad by the time i was 14 i had left school completely.
Looking back through (20 years back) kids weren't as evil as they are today... Yeah they'll dump on you for something silly like your accent (although is probably the coolest sounding accent ever), but at least they'll keep it in (for the most part) safe side. Last week they've got a classmate of my nephew bringing switch blade at school as he had arranged a fight with some other kid (for the record they are 10). When I was 10, I was playing with car toys and was still wetting the bed every now and then... I am really worried about how bad this is going...

Imadeyouup

Looking back through (20 years back) kids weren't as evil as they are today... Yeah they'll dump on you for something silly like your accent (although is probably the coolest sounding accent ever), but at least they'll keep it in (for the most part) safe side. Last week they've got a classmate of my nephew bringing switch blade at school as he had arranged a fight with some other kid (for the record they are 10). When I was 10, I was playing with car toys and was still wetting the bed every now and then... I am really worried about how bad this is going...
All though i see your point of view on this - the accent thing was only ONE thing he bullied me over - kids today are ruthless at least when i went home and was away him i was away from it all today theyve got the phones and this internet to get them through - believe me ive ben bullied over the net as well and through my phone but heyho.

Anger, confusion, frustration, depression, anxiety, Fear, sadness, defeat.

Bullied from grade 1 up until grade 11 when i moved to a different city, didn't have any support from the school faculty because it was a small town and understaffed and didnt have much understanding from my family. I didnt know any different so i just took the abuse, being bullied as a child is a very destructive thing, your trying to learn and grow as a person, trying to be yourself and you dont get very much guidance your seeing experiencing and exploring many new things for the first time, your discovering the beginnings of yourself, writing your own story as you go. And suddenly theres a plot twist. suddenly someone makes a hurtful remark about you or something you said or did/have done, and it's confusing because you can't see the colors other people see, your eye sight isn't as good and you have to wear glasses to school, and they poke and prod you every day. Cut you down, say hurtful things, insult you very being.

You are a child, you dont know whats right, what's wrong and even though you don't like it you feel defeated and helpless because even the people who are supposed to be your friends cut you down from time to time and it's passed off as oh they didn't mean that, oh you'll be fine.

Instead of becoming a person who likes to color things their own way and draw their own way and express themself openly as an individual you get molded into a introverted, passive agressive person with trust issues and a wicked resting *itch face.

The amount of time lost to meaningless pain is disturbing, having that feeling hang over your head is a really hard way to live a life, it's even harder to forgive and forget but eventually it happens , the person who stayed hidden and defeated breaks out of the husk of pain and torment and learns that you can only do you and if people don't like it then walk away or remove them from your life.

kids sometimes follow percieved social norms, peer groups and anything that keeps their social status good with there peers.

May be they're life at home was very traumatizing and the only way they could cope was to pick on you, you learn that its not your fault and learn to forgive. Rise above and appreciate that you see your own colors and no one else can see what you do. You wear glasses because you were made to be able to see and perceive things close to you and ignore the blurry things far away.

Having kids was the icing on the cake, after years of coping and help i have an opportunity to do better than my childhood.

The pain doesn't go away, the pain made you who you are, eveyone effected by bullying has a choice, accept it as a part of your life and it made you who you are, accept that it was wrong. Accept that it taught you valuable lessons about humanity because it is part of who we are as a race.

Move on.

Enjoy your life free from it, learn, build, create and be the best you, free from being opressed.

Lots of things in life are easy but the things worth doing are hard.

The choice is yours.

yes. i was bullied for being overweight. i partially blame it for why i've developed an eating disorder. the kids i had to sit with would tell me not to eat

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I'm stuck on a memory right now. It feels crippling and I can't function. If it hurts this much 20 years later, it will hurt just as much 50 years from now. I can't get over it and I'm afraid I will always be this scared kid inside.

Yes and is the worst. Teachers looked all but nothing, so, could intimidate to me without question.
Sometimes until the teachers told me things uglys.
I don't know why i followed there.
Nobody believed in myself.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00