• Both the IOS/ Apple Iphone/ Ipad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recive a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resoiurces area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

What are some songs that help you feel good?

Lonely85

Hold on Just One More Day

I know there's pain
Why do lock yourself up in these chains?
No one can change your life except for you
Don't ever let anyone step all over you
Just open your heart and your mind
Is it really fair to feel this way inside?

Some day somebody's gonna make you want to
Turn around and say goodbye
Until then baby are you going to let them
Hold you down and make you cry
Don't you know?
Don't you know things can change
Things'll go your way
If you hold on for one more day
Can you hold on for one more day
Things'll go your way
Hold on for one more day

You could sustain
Or are you comfortable with the pain?
You've got no one to blame for your unhappiness
You got yourself into your own mess
Lettin' your worries pass you by
Don't you think it's worth your time
To change your mind?

Don't you know?
Things'll go your way
Can you hold on for one more day
Things'll go your way
Hold on for one more day

I know that there is pain
But you hold on for one more day and
Break free the chains
Yeah I know that there is pain
But you hold on for one more day and you
Break free, break from the chains

Don't you know?
Things'll go your way
If you hold on for one more day yeah
If you hold on

Things'll go your way
If you hold on
Can you hold on
Hold on baby
Won't you tell me now
Hold on for one more day 'Cause
It's gonna go your way

Things'll go your way
Can't you change it this time

Make up your mind
Hold on
Hold on
Baby hold on
Amazing song. Have always liked this one.

Ray_Jay

Hello!

So this may sound childish (or rather, not something that might appeal to all ages) but there's this wonderful show on Cartoon Network called "Steven Universe" (also has great diversity, catchy songs, an intriguing plot, AWESOME FIGHT SCENES, GAY SPACE ALIENS REBELLING AGAINST THE HOMEWORLD... but I digress :p). It's something that kids would like but (personally, I'd say...) it has themes about mental illness and building healthy relationships that can resonate with anyone.

I bring this up because there's this song that always makes me tear up. It's called "Here Comes a Thought" and is very calming. Most of all, there's this line in the chorus that goes "it's okay...I'm here... it was just a thought..." And when I hear it, I think of someone who I love very much singing it to me, someone whose love for me I sometimes forget when I'm in the darkest of places.

If you have the time, give it a chance:

All the best,

Ann :)
Beautiful!

Innocent Forever

Go as long as you can. And then take another step.
Chat Pro
SF Supporter
Here for a reason by Ashes remain
Brighter, by Against the Current in the album gravity
Incredible by Cassaddee Pope (I'm sure I've spelled her name wrong)
Breathe by Jonny Diaz
Enough of a list???? They help me to remember why I'm doing it.

Ray_Jay

"The Best Things In Life Are Not Things;
It's The People Who Make You Feel Loved And Cared For"

I don't know who said it, but it's the truth!

First one is from Empire of the Sun - 'Walking on a dream'
It makes me believe that I can withstand what life throws at me
Other is got from my friend who is now a world champion in Kudo!
It's called 'Utakata no inori' it's good
And really bring my suffering from heart

Hod

Strange thing for me is that my first song makes me feel great when I'm with my wife and feeling good. Listening to it and looking at her beautiful smile makes me feel so good. But this song also reminds me of my precious Mum who I quite recently lost to cancer. When listening to it without my Wife around my Mum comes to mind. It's passengers, And I love her. I connect with every verse. But for some unknown reason. A song that often makes me feel good, for no other reason other than it just makes me want to let myself go and dance to my hearts content is Skrillex & Damian "Jr Gong" Marley. Make it Bun Dem. Neither are my usual genre of music.

dugga

This song really makes me cheer up. Its Rammstein:Mein Land. Featuring 2 things i really like, uptempo rock musik and women
Thanks for that @Sunstealer - I love Rammstein, one of the best bands I have ever had the pleasure of seeing live, awesome stage shows. Who says Germans don't have a sense of humour?

Sometimes when I'm down, I look to music as a way to recover. Whether it's music for empathy, music for reminding me of what to focus on, music to help me cry and have a release of built up emotions, or music that sparks joy.

I'm curious to know what songs other people go for when they want to feel good. What's a song that you first think of when you want to feel positive and uplifted?

For me, this is a song that always makes me feel like I have a smile on the inside. I'm not sure why, but it really lifts my spirits when I listen to it.

Please share some songs with me, I'd love to hear them! :):):)
Amazing Grace is my ALL TIME favorite. For it is a reminder of the Grace of Jesus. That gets me through all my tough times.

My second favorite is Pachelbel's Canon. I can't quite describe the feeling I get when I listen to this, but it is like a cool Spring breeze dancing on the very edges of my soul!

The following version isn't my "favorite" version. I can't find the one I usually listen to. But this one is still good, in my humble opinion.

Sometimes when I'm down, I look to music as a way to recover. Whether it's music for empathy, music for reminding me of what to focus on, music to help me cry and have a release of built up emotions, or music that sparks joy.

I'm curious to know what songs other people go for when they want to feel good. What's a song that you first think of when you want to feel positive and uplifted?

For me, this is a song that always makes me feel like I have a smile on the inside. I'm not sure why, but it really lifts my spirits when I listen to it.

Please share some songs with me, I'd love to hear them! :):):)
I had said I couldn't find my favorite versions of Pachelbel's Canon. I did find one. Here it is:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$465.00
Goal
$255.00