Dealing with Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisyphus

I was recovering but I noticed that 2017 has been a whole down year. I went spiraling back again to my worst of moments and lately it has reached again the peak that leads to the end.
But the end is now a problem that it wasn't before: I used to be alone, but while I was recovering, I had to build a safe network, finding strength in my friends and people around me. That means I acquired a reason to fight the mental illness: not to hurt people around me and, specially, the ones who love me.
The only problem is that it hasn't been neough. People still reach out through the internet sometimes, but even though I have people around, I still feel completely alone.
I am struggling to deal with that.
Anyone has been through anything similar?

cymbele

SF Supporter
Welcome to SF! You will probably find people here with similar feelings. I know I have experienced the same things you have described. It's gotten better but not totally gone with the help of therapist and medication. I can attest to that. Life is much better. Having a support network that you have is great. Have you seen a professional therapist?

Sorry to hear that you are going through this Sisyphus

It's very common for people for people who are suicidal to say that the only thing that's stopping them from making an attempt is the understanding that they would hurt the people that they love if they died.

It's certainly true that it would devastate loved ones.

The only really good answer to that problem is to get better, so that may be the best thing to focus on.

The links in my signature can connect you to some information about treatment options.

Do you mostly want to talk about what you are experiencing, or do you want to talk about treatment methods?

sisyphus

I want solutions... But it's been years of paleative measures done by myself and with other peoples help. Never profesional. I don't really have the money to afford profesional treatment so I would really like new ideas on how to deal with it on my own

sisyphus

I want solutions... But it's been years of paleative measures done by myself and with other peoples help. Never profesional. I don't really have the money to afford profesional treatment so I would really like new ideas on how to deal with it on my own
*people's

sisyphus

Sounds like a great idea :D Do you know how I could get that kind of information? I couldn't find anything like it where I live and maybe I was looking it up wrong...

If you live in the US or Canada, you could try calling 211 or visiting 211.org. They can help connect you with healthcare, as well as other things like housing, healthcare, food, etc.

The links in my signature have some information on treatment methods, including some self-help methods.

sisyphus

Thank you very much! I am actually from Brazil, but I will try and find some methods available... In the meantime, I will probably have the constant need of venting. I am still confused on how to do that here in the forum, but I will try... Thank you for the support <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00