Helpful Apps

JustLovely

Wants to become a cat
Hello!

Do you use or know any good applications for a smartphone that help you get relaxed, distract you from bad thoughts or feelings, help you fall asleep etc? I myself use those:

My Oasis - Relaxing Sanctuary
It's an app that requires you to tap on the screen and do simple quests to gain hearts you can then use to upgrade your oasis. It includes music I personally find very calming, there are also heartwarming and uplifting messages. I enjoy it quite a lot, one minus tho is that there are quite a lot of adds (I don't mind, you get free resources for watching them, but yeah, watching adds - not so calming..)

Calm Harm - manages self harm
The app provides you with tasks that are supposed to distract you, stop the urge to self-harm or help you calm down.
To be honest, I find some of the tips upsetting, depending on what you're struggling with. But otherwise I find this app full of helpful tips, and especially I love the breathing exercise (btw, if anyone knows a good app with breathing exercises for calming down please share!). And as I can see, they did promise to soon update the app with an option to hide unhelpful activities.

2048 WalkingCat
Pretty sure most of you know the 2048 game. It's a simple logic puzzle, only this one features cute cats (there's also a dogs option if I remember correctly). It's just a puzzle, but I find it helpful for overthinking and generally taking a break from your own thoughts, it gives you something not too complicated but enough to get you focused on something else.

Insight Timer - Free Meditation App
The app provides you with countless free meditations for various purposes.

Rain Sounds - Sleep & Relax
This one is pretty much self-explanatory :) you can choose various types of rains, add piano, thunders or birds, there are also other water sounds. I like using it to mute the surroundings.

Are there any helpful apps you enjoy using? Please share!

Lone_Wolf

I use Calm for meditation, to help me breathe if I have a panic attack, and for sleep, Daylio is helpful for tracking moods, I like the Habits app which helps me keep up with personal hygiene, and Water Time Pro helps me drink enough water during the day.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00