Status
Not open for further replies.

cvb2377

I have a appointment to the therapist on July 5 and I'm thi kink of telling him just if bad my thoughts of suicide has gotten and how easy it would be for me to succeed in it. The thing is, I know it'll lead to me being put in a hospital but at the same time I sort of feel like I should go. I've been trying to hold off these feeling and I don't know hold long I can do it before I make a mistake a can't take back. Can anyone give me any kind of advice?

Kid B

That is the conundrum. Honesty can lead to 'voluntary' hospitalization but maybe once you're in it's hard to get out, I know my Mum had terrible problems getting out but every case is different. It might give you the time and peace that you need?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there and welcome to the forum @cvb2377 Glad you found us and joined. I think you should be honest with your doctor and go into hospital if you need to. Doctors are smart but not mind readers, you need to tell them exactly how you are feeling and they will do their best to help you, they are there to help. Are you scared of going into the hospital? They are not that bad to be honest. I am glad to see you reaching out here. best of luck to you.

cvb2377

Hi there and welcome to the forum @cvb2377 Glad you found us and joined. I think you should be honest with your doctor and go into hospital if you need to. Doctors are smart but not mind readers, you need to tell them exactly how you are feeling and they will do their best to help you, they are there to help. Are you scared of going into the hospital? They are not that bad to be honest. I am glad to see you reaching out here. best of luck to you.
I'm not afraid to go to the hospital, I'm afraid of what my family's gonna think. I don't really tell them to much but it's getting harder to hide what's going on inside my head

Kid B

I would hope that a family would be supportive of anyone asking for help and especially another family member but families are not an exact science.

Good luck and welcome to SF - I did not know you were new, I am also.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm not afraid to go to the hospital, I'm afraid of what my family's gonna think. I don't really tell them to much but it's getting harder to hide what's going on inside my head
Are you over 18? If so I think you should just tell them you need a ''break'', you don't have to go into the suicide details. I hope you get well soon and know we are here for you.

cvb2377

I would go to the hospital sooner but I don't wanna ruin 4th of July for everyone. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I would go to the hospital sooner but I don't wanna ruin 4th of July for everyone. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning.
I'm sorry to say this but your safety and your mental health is SO much more important than july 4th celebrations. You need to put yourself first in this situation. I'm sure your family would understand, if not then maybe get them to talk with a psych about it but like I said your safet comes first. Please keep that in mind.

SinisterKid

We either find a way, or make one.
SF Supporter
You really need to listen to Petal, your safety is way more important than celebrating 4th July. If anyone cannot see that, its their problem.

#1 rule about seeing a therapist, be honest. If you are not, they cannot properly help you. That much I am learning as this is all so new to me.

cvb2377

I went to the hospital on the 5th of July like I said and I ended up staying for 4 days. I was very scared at first but in the end I got better medication and the group therapy helped, I feel better then I did before I went in .

MinnBiker

I'm glad to hear that inpatient hospitalization worked for you. I have not had an inpatient experience yet. I have had four difference outpatient experiences in the last fifteen years. The first two helped, but mostly because they helped me get different meds. I'm glad you are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00