I just told my parents...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by eleanorhikari, May 8, 2016.

1. eleanorhikari

eleanorhikari Member

I'm their youngest daughter thousands of miles away from home in another country and I finally just sent my parents probably the most difficult thing I ever wrote telling them about my attempted suicide in February. It's sent now so no going back, but I'm waiting for a reply and I am just imagining all of their emotions as they read it. How betrayed they must feel. How powerless and how unloved. I feel so wretched about it. I don't know if I've done the right thing by telling them.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

*hugs* @eleanorhikari
    So proud of you for telling. I'm sure they still love you.
    Keep us posted.
    *hugs again*

eleanorhikari likes this.
  3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm happy that you got the courage to tell them, I know it might seem a bit scary right now, but I think you will be happy about this as well in the long run. Allow them to help you and support you!

*hugs!*

eleanorhikari likes this.
  4. eleanorhikari

eleanorhikari Member

Thanks guy (*^_^*) I'm still waiting for a reply... Can't sleep at all haha

5. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

It might take them a while to formulate an answer, I hope you take that into consideration. Try not to stress too much about waiting.

6. cvb2377

cvb2377 Well-Known Member

Did you ever get a reply from your parents? I hope it went well if you did. I know I had a hard time telling my mother about my suicidal feelings when I got so suicidal I scared myself. I felt like it was the right thing to do and to be honest it was.