Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello this is only my second thread on this site and i feel like i need to vent this is probably the most appropriate place to do so so i decided to make a thread here. Anyway i want to start off by saying that i hate the western Neet and Hikikomori communities that exist on the internet why? because i've spent enough time in those communities and have come to the realization that even some of the most vocal and prominent members of the western hikikomori and neet community are also just lying and pretending to be a neet or a hikikomori and are actually just using these labels to look cool or be different somehow and as someone who is an actual western hikikomori i find this very disrespectful and it pisses me off when people try to appropriate these terms to mean something completely different because 3 months of summer vacation away from school or working part-time or even looking for work while you are unemployed doesn't make you a neet because neets do not want to contribute to society nor do they at all it means (Not In Education Employment Or Training) and leaving your house to go to work or school but staying home on the weekends or not leaving your house in general while still communicating with friends and family and doing everyday normal task is not and does not make you a hikikomori. Hikikomori is a group of symptoms that result in the affected individual withdrawing from society and living in isolation in their bedroom for 6 months or more but has no other psychological problem as its main or only principal source. Realizing this in the last few months of 2018 i have felt more isolated and alone and i am becoming more and more depressed because i can't relate to anyone except for the few Japanese online friends i have and the friends i did have turned against me when i called them out i feel like i can't trust anyone anymore and i want to withdraw from the internet completely because it stresses me out has anyone dealt with something similar like this before? also sorry for the long wall of text.

rockyhill

Hello! Welcome to this forum, a community full of wonderful people who are caring and supportive.
Realizing this in the last few months of 2018 i have felt more isolated and alone and i am becoming more and more depressed because i can't relate to anyone except for the few Japanese online friends i have and the friends i did have turned against me when i called them out i feel like i can't trust anyone anymore and i want to withdraw from the internet completely because it stresses me out has anyone dealt with something similar like this before
I'm sorry that you feel this way. To be honest, I have experienced something similarly, where I felt I was starting to drift away from the people in my life I cared about. I hope SF will be able to change your views of the internet, as there are so many friendly people here who won't turn their backs on you when you ask for help.

Hello! Welcome to this forum, a community full of wonderful people who are caring and supportive.

I'm sorry that you feel this way. To be honest, I have experienced something similarly, where I felt I was starting to drift away from the people in my life I cared about. I hope SF will be able to change your views of the internet, as there are so many friendly people here who won't turn their backs on you when you ask for help.
Thanks for replying i just needed to get this off my chest.

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey there @adeadhikikomori
I'm glad you found it helpful to write it out. I definitely find it helps me to put what I'm thinking down. It just makes it more real and understandable.
I can't tell you that I relate to this, I know many people on here do for I've read people writing similar things often enough.
((((((hugs)))))))
I'm glad you're here. Stick around, for you're worth it!
E

Hey there @adeadhikikomori
I'm glad you found it helpful to write it out. I definitely find it helps me to put what I'm thinking down. It just makes it more real and understandable.
I can't tell you that I relate to this, I know many people on here do for I've read people writing similar things often enough.
((((((hugs)))))))
I'm glad you're here. Stick around, for you're worth it!
E

That's good to hear yeah it is just very upsetting to me and i find it disrespectful and i've been accused of gatekeeping by others when that's not my intention at all. All i am doing is telling them the facts because proudly calling yourself a hikikomori is like walking around and proudly calling yourself depressed or schizophrenic which are not good things and obviously not things to be proud of when you loosely define a culture bound syndrome like hikikomori to mean something completely different it no longer is taken seriously as what it truly is a psychological problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00