I had a rather tough week this last week, I just couldn't get out of a serious funk following a night of bad decisions and alcohol, but.... IM BACK BABY!!! And just in time for International Happiness Day! So sit back, try to think happy thoughts, and welcome to Jim's Cafe!
In the Spirit of complete happiness, I have attempted to make this a complete cafe experience. So enjoy the Music, the Fun Facts, and whichever table or tables takes your fancy, and remember to mingle and chat amongst yourselves
Feel free to leave this running as you peruse the menu and mingle with our other guests.
It wouldnt be a Dante's Interpretation of Jim's Cafe without a few weird and wonderful facts plucked from the far reaches google :P
1) According to Nordic Food lab, the comparatively similar protein structure and how it coagulates means that Pigs Blood is a perfect substitute for eggs in any kind of sweet baking. They even went so far as to suggest volumes: 1 Medium egg being equivalent to 65g of blood. (or 45g if the recipe only calls for egg whites).
2) If you crush anything primarily sugar based (polos or other candies for example, or just plain sugar) then if you look closely enough you will be able to see tiny little flashes of blue light. This is an example of Triboluminescence.
3) Our sense of smell is pretty rubbish in the grand scheme of things, for example, an average dog can supposedly smell their owner from 11 miles away. (So its no good taking a shower, you cant hide :P)
4) Apparently if you stare at yourself in the mirror for 10 minutes in a very dimly lit room (think candlelight), your brain gets so bored that it starts to hallucinate using your face as a canvas.... I kinda want to try this.
5) When an Aztec woman gave birth, it was thought that she was doing battle with the Gods. If she gave birth, she had won her battle and earned her reward, and if she died, she had fallen in battle, and become a spirit called "Cihuātēteoh" or "Divine Women", a spirit similar to those of men who died on the battlefield. (I know its kinda odd, but I think this one)
6) When mathematician George Dantzig arrived late to a lecture at Berkley he mistook 2 famously unsolved statistic problems his professor had written on the board as homework, solved them and handed them in for marking 3 days later.
The Happy Table
Where we examine all the things that make you happy (and yes, I know I'm setting myself up for some depressing answers on this table).
1) When was the last time you were truly happy?
2) What smell makes you happy when you smell it and why?
3) What was the last thing that made you laugh?
4) Who have you made happy? (this could be a partner, friend or just someone you helped)
5) If there was 1 thing that could make you happy, what would it be?
The Story Table
As it is "World Storytelling Day" lets talk about the stories we all love.
1) What is your favourite published work of fiction? (Book/Movie/TV etc)
2) What is your favourite genre of fiction
3) What is your favourite story from history?
4) Tell us your favourite story from a friend/relative/coworker etc
5) Tell us a story from your life.
The Creative Table
Not so much questions as a prompt: Share with us something creative that you have done. Drawing, Poetry, Writing, Music, Singing, Dance, Woodwork, a Blog, Baking (it counts, I have seen some creative cakes), some MacGyver style DIY, Programming, or just new ways of expressing yourself. Let your creative side shine
Where you volunteer to make the next cafe
1) Say "I volunteer" as large and eye-catchingly as possible and tomorrow, post a cafe.
2) If someone has already done number 1 say "I volunteer" along with a date as large and as eye-catchingly as possible and post a cafe on that date.
@SillyOldBear @Ash600 @Auri @1964dodge @Champagne @MisterBGone @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @Sunspots