Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Cafe.PNG
Welcome one and all to Jim's Café, the sanctuary for the long suffering sane from the madness of the modern world.

Hi all. I happened to wander in here and felt like making a Cafe. Please one and all, enjoy!
As ever we have Cafe music, some fun facts, 3 tables with differing subjects to choose from, a bar for the less chatty, and a recruitment table for us to try to keep Jim's Cafe open for business.
Do what you like, ignore the rest ^^ (also good life advice every once in a while)

Cafe Music
A little harder than my usual Jazz cafe music (10 points if you can guess whose influence this is)

Fun Facts
1) Blue is the rarest colour in nature
2) Our eyes are most sensitive to the colour green because of how common it is in nature, which is why the video colour encoding format YCbCr was created (an alternative to RGB) which uses the intensity of the colour Green as the brightness value as well.
3) The English language didnt have a word for "Orange" until 1512, which is why so many orange coloured thing have "red" in their name. Robin Red-Breast, Red Squirrels, Red Deer, Redheads :D... We had to borrow the word from the fruit after we began importing it.
4) Ventablack is the blackest pigment available today, but its use is entirely restricted to artist Anish Kapoor (who secured sole rights to its use in Art). However, it is extremely expensive to apply Ventablack, so as revenge by the art world, when a cheap alternative was created, which is almost as dark, (currently called "Black 3.0") the creators opened it for the entire world to use, except for Anish Kapoor.

Summer Table
Its coming to summer in the Northern Hemisphere, and damn its a hot one where I am...
1) What do you do to fight the heat?
2) Di you like it hot or are you more of a winter chill person?
3) What's your best summer memory? From grand holidays to a cool beer in the shade?
4) What is your favourite summer activity?

Colours
Because im kind of down a road here with the Fun Facts now...
1) Whats your favourite colour?
2) What is the colour you like to wear the most?
3) Whats the colour scheme where you live?
4) What is your favourite combination of colours?

Pride Table
Its Pride Month again, and Im often "bah humbug" about them getting a whole month, but I figure its time to show support :)
1) What flavour of LGBT(or not) are you? (Gay, Straight, Bisexual, Pansexual, Demi-sexual, Asexual, Trans etc)
2) Have you ever watched or participated in a Pride event?
3) Do you know anyone actively against the LGBT community? How do you deal with them?
4) What Pro LGBT features have appeared near you? (Rainbow crossings and pride flags dotted about are a thing here)
5) Have you ever been to a gay/lesbian/etc bar, how was it?

The Bar
Welcome to the bar.
1) Say Hi
2) Order your drink
3) Explain your choice

Recruitment Table
Jim's Cafe is fun to answer, EASY to write, and a valuable lighter side to SF. If you have any light hearted topic, open a cafe and ask questions about it, or tell a story or whatever. If you have read this far you have the perseverance needed to make a cafe of your very own! (No judgement, no standards to meet, just start a conversation!)
You can do it! And don't forget to encourage others in your thread :D

Last edited:

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Yay! A Café! *stars

Summer Table
I embrace it and go burn under the sunshine!

2) Do you like it hot or are you more of a winter chill person?
Hot, hot, hot!

3) What's your best summer memory? From grand holidays to a cool beer in the shade?
My Summer in Sweden, my 18th birthday, lots of holidays abroad... I love almost every Summer!

Seeing friends in a park, chilling. Also, Summer music festivals of course!

Colours
1) What's your favourite colour?
Blue for the sky, green for the trees, black for metal.

Black. Beautiful shades of blue as well.

3) What's the colour scheme where you live?
I currently don't have my own place. Where I live has all colours of the rainbow in pastel (which wouldn't be my choice :p).

I like purple with gold as an eyeshadow.

Pride Table
1) What flavour are you?
Chocolate with rainbow sprinkles!

Nope, but I'm interested in any opportunity to do so.

3) Do you know anyone actively against the LGBT community? How do you deal with them?
Actively, no. But I know people who believe LGBT+ is a joke and full of "abnormal" people. *facepalm As some of these are in my family, I avoid the topic - or occasionally make very angry speeches. :p

4) What Pro LGBT features have appeared near you? (Rainbow crossings and pride flags everywhere are a thing here)
Flags in shops, as well as rainbow merch.

Yes, I went to a gay bar once. It was nice, about 99% of the people were male but I could not be ignored more. Which was great. :D

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Summer Table
Its coming to summer in the Northern Hemisphere, and damn its a hot one where I am...
Stay inside with the AC on.
Hot but not too hot.
Hmm, probably just having time off school.
Swimming.

Colours
Pink.
Pink or black I'm guessing.
Green and blue.
Pink and black.

Pride Table
Its Pride Month again, and Im often "bah humbug" about them getting a whole month, but I figure its time to show support :)
1) What flavour of LGBT(or not) are you? (Gay, Straight, Bisexual, Pansexual, Demi-sexual, Asexual, Trans etc)
Pan.
No, but I want to.
Yes, and I think they're being ridiculous, because it doesn't affect them. I try to not spend much time with them.
4) What Pro LGBT features have appeared near you? (Rainbow crossings and pride flags dotted about are a thing here)
I actually don't see a lot of that here. I have a rainbow flag though.
No, but that sounds fun.

The Bar
Welcome to the bar.
1) Say Hi
Hi there!
2) Order your drink
The most elaborate drink on your menu.
3) Explain your choice
I want to annoy you. :P

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
No, but that sounds fun.
I have, I went to a gay bar with a friend, she was playing there for open mic. It was fun, some gay jokes and paraphernalia around the place but mostly just a really chill atmosphere.

2) Order your drink
The most elaborate drink on your menu.
3) Explain your choice
I want to annoy you. :P
You have failed. I shall provide you a "Commonwealth". Enjoy ^^

1655332487030.png

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I have, I went to a gay bar with a friend, she was playing there for open mic. It was fun, some gay jokes and paraphernalia around the place but mostly just a really chill atmosphere.

You have failed. I shall provide you a "Commonwealth". Enjoy ^^

View attachment 56023
That sounds like a blast. There's actually a town up here called Gay, and they have the Gay Bar there, so I guess I can cheat and go there :P

I don't know what's in that drink, but it looks pretty good.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
hi @Dante and everyone… i’ll answer what i can and do my best for the rest.

Summer Table

use the ac. what else can i do? i don’t swim and don’t like going to places with crowds of people - especially hot people. i guess going to the supermarket is good but they charge too much

i prefer spring. i prefer fall.

3) What's your best summer memory? From grand holidays to a cool beer in the shade? going to summer camp one particular year when i was about 15.

sitting in my room with the ac on.

Colours

generally any color that contains reds like oranges, reds, purples, voilets and the like.

inhibited me likes black, greys, tans, olives. uninhibited me maybe reds, violets, yellows, but uninhibited me does not exist so who knows.

dust on dirty i’m afraid.

i don’t know for sure.

Pride Table

I'd have to say I fit uncomfortably yet do fit into all of these choices, but not w/same sex. I've described it better i think with other words of my own choosing and some of which I was compelled to create to make sure i was being accurate about myself. it spans quite a lot and it does confuse everyone i’ve tried to explain it to. but to explain further right now, i’ve often exclaimed that i hope to evolve into pure intellect and soar through the ether and beyond with kindred spirits. this may seem very asexual. it is! but that alone is not total me. this evolving and soaring, i view as sort of an after the earth experience. but i’m stuck here for now so i need what i need as best as i can find it.

I actually have difficulty in this respect. I've only seen parades covered on the news and was troubled by the "in your face" quality I detected. this is a difficult thing to express in a brief question reply. I am not anti anyone who identifies as LGBTQ+. I'm happy to discuss further. in fact I feel further discussion is necessary. i just do feel a certain discomfort as if it is stepping into out of bounds. but who is me? i am out of bounds, like way out. so like i said, this needs lots of further communication.

nope, i do not know anyone openly against the LGBTQ+ community. i do see active in the community itself a lack of understanding and acceptance of one segment for another and the ignoring of segments not yet included. there are others still excluded. this has to change and in that respect i have encountered some who are resistant to more inclusivity and that could be interpreted as being against.

idk. i am not sure. probably since it is so common around here i just don’t notice.

once in college (more years ago than i’m willing to count) the group of people I hung out with decided to go to a gay club - a club primarily for men. I don't know why they decided to. I felt extremely uncomfortable. I don't dance period. to be at a dance or club for anyone makes me uncomfortable. the gay club made it a thousand times worse.

how's this for transparency?

hmm, looks like i answered everything to some degree. as for the fun facts, i may return a little later and see if i can tackle that as well. in the mean time, hoping everyone is keeping comfortable in the weather at hand;,with pride of who your are, and somehow reaching healing and living as colorfully as you like,

🌞🌞🌞

best 👽

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00