• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Nothing Works...

Organicmaplesyurp

Some Chargie
SF Supporter
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum.

I need advice that will actually work. Something I haven't heard before. I applogize if my post comes across as sounding snarky, I'm just tired and desperate.

I have had clinical depression for several years. In this time, I have seen therapists, taken medication, and done what I was told to try to improve (graditude journaling, positive thinking, appreciating the little things, taking a break, labeling my emotions and talking about them, taking time for myself, etc.), but nothing is working. In fact, I have gotten more depressed, not better.

I have a "good life," a supportive family, a partner, food on the table, a job, a healthy diet and time to exercise, and a normal weight, but I am still unhappy. Because of this, sometimes I feel greedy.

I don't like the way life is in general. I don't like that there is pain in suffering all of the time, and that no matter what, there is always stress and tons of effort just to do something. I see or hear things upsetting, which ruins me. I feel like every day something awful happens to others or myself, and I'm tired of the pain. I don't like the state of existence in general, the good or bad feelings. None of it.

Please DON'T tell me:

To find a purpose in life

To try more medication

That living is wonderful, and I just don't see it

To practice mindfulness

That one day I'll feel better

That taking a deep breath works

To try yoga

To think about the things that make me happy

To try group therapy

That happiness is a choice/there's nothing I can do (I'm not hopeless, but I don't like to feel like people think I'm just not trying either.)

To stop worrying

To get a hobby

That other people have it worse

To be greatful

To be strong

To stop watching the news (I don't! I see bad things in my life.)

That I'm weak

To see someone/Try a new therapist (I have done this many times, and I have one currently!)

To act silly (e.g. take odd selfies just for laughs, be "random" etc.. I'm a serious person, and do not like doing these things!)

Please, I need real help! From people who understand! I found this forum because of what's on my mind. I can't take this anymore.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry to hear that you are going through this

The links in my signature can connect you to some information about treatment options, a few of which you may not have tried.

I hope that something can help

Hey,

I'm sorry things have been so rough for you.

Have you thought about having your hormone levels checked? Or your iron levels? Thyroid functioning, etc? Sometimes there are biological reasons that you feel this way. My sister was diagnosed with depression a few years ago, but she found out that she had tumours growing in her throat. She had surgery to remove them, and her thyroid. She has to take synthetic hormones for the rest of her life, but now she actually feels better. She takes a very low dose anti-depressant as well, and for the first time since she was diagnosed, it works. I'm not saying that this might be your issue, I'm just wondering if you've looked into this side of things?

Organicmaplesyurp

Some Chargie
SF Supporter
Sometimes there are biological reasons that you feel this way.
It has been brought up to me that it might be biological. I have hormonal issues, but the problem is, the hormone medications and antidepressants make me worse off, not better. I get my thyroid checked yearly, and thus far, I have not had any issues with it.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$205.00
Goal
$255.00