Is there anyone else on here who psychologically feels like a child or teenager in an adult body? I personally psychologically feel like i am still between 17 to 19 years of age even though i'm currently 26. How do you guys deal with an issue like this?

Yes, I can relate to this. I feel psychologically stunted. I feel like, psychologically, I am still in my mid-teens, even though I'm now in my forties. You are not alone, my friend :)
That is depressing to be honest i hope i die before i turn 30 or at least at the age of 30 because i don't wanna live into old age nor do i even plan to because my life has no direction and my existence is shit and meaningless and my life has been a living hell since the day i was born.

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
adeadhikikomori, are you in treatment? I don't know your background, but life CAN get better. If you take your life, you miss that opportunity. I respect your right to take your own course. That is your choice. But you could make a huge mistake. Are you in Japan? I understand mental illness is very heavily stigmatized there. I hope you are in treatment or reach out for help. Take care.

adeadhikikomori, are you in treatment? I don't know your background, but life CAN get better. If you take your life, you miss that opportunity. I respect your right to take your own course. That is your choice. But you could make a huge mistake. Are you in Japan? I understand mental illness is very heavily stigmatized there. I hope you are in treatment or reach out for help. Take care.
I was in therapy last year but it didn't help so i stopped going and no i'm not Japanese but i am learning the language have had online friends from Japan in the past and would like to visit the country someday also yeah maybe i could make a huge mistake and regret it but in the end it doesn't even matter because i will be free from all the pain i suffered through in life.

Myaing

. . . ☯ . . .
why would you want to feel older? I felt the same way for a long time, like 16 years old. Lately I skipped all the way to feeling 20/21 at least, but I'm the same age as you. I don't think one should feel a certain age, we Need to keep the inner child, we need to feel young to stay alive and not become prune faced pessimists. I think there is nothing wrong with feeling younger.

why would you want to feel older? I felt the same way for a long time, like 16 years old. Lately I skipped all the way to feeling 20/21 at least, but I'm the same age as you. I don't think one should feel a certain age, we Need to keep the inner child, we need to feel young to stay alive and not become prune faced pessimists. I think there is nothing wrong with feeling younger.
Oh i absolutely agree with you however when it effects your everyday life it becomes a problem.

Myaing

. . . ☯ . . .
Oh i absolutely agree with you however when it effects your everyday life it becomes a problem.
Then there is probably some emotional blocks that prevent from maturing. A resistance. Im not too got a psychology but I recommend Teal Swan videos on youtube. She gives great advice on the "know thy self" subject. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Then there is probably some emotional blocks that prevent from maturing. A resistance. Im not too got a psychology but I recommend Teal Swan videos on youtube. She gives great advice on the "know thy self" subject. Take what you need and leave the rest.
Teal Swan videos are stupid and you may be right about that idk? i can't really talk about my issues openly on here because certain subjects make people mad so i mostly tend to stay quiet now.

Myaing

. . . ☯ . . .
Teal Swan videos are stupid and you may be right about that idk? i can't really talk about my issues openly on here because certain subjects make people mad so i mostly tend to stay quiet now.
haha, i said take what you need and leave the rest. I see many people don't like her for some reason, maybe all her information is not valid, but there are bits of truth. Anyway, hope you'll find what you need.
What do you mean, make people mad?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00