Putting myself first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hey Rocky, yes I do the same thing, it's hard to put yourself first when all your life you've been told that it's selfish. I trying but it's become a habit to see everyone else is okay, before thinking of myself. I guess we have to keep trying.
We do, after all, deserve at least the same compassion we offer others. Good luck
Brian

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Witty, just remember that if you don't take care of yourself, you won't be able to help anyone else. One of the first rules of caregiving is to take time for yourself. A husband taking care of a seriously ill wife would not be able to care for her if he did not take care of himself. He would wear himself out and possibly fail when his wife needed him most. Self-care is extremely important.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Witty, just remember that if you don't take care of yourself, you won't be able to help anyone else. One of the first rules of caregiving is to take time for yourself. A husband taking care of a seriously ill wife would not be able to care for her if he did not take care of himself. He would wear himself out and possibly fail when his wife needed him most. Self-care is extremely important.
Thank you, I will keep your words in mind and start trying to take care of myself before I try to help anyone else.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Great Witty! Just keep in mind that if you are not healthy, you will not be able to help anyone. So in a very real way the world does truly revolve around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00