The road to weight loss

cvb2377

So I’ve been working on losing weight ever since October 4 and I want to log my progress. I’ve managed to workout everyday for at least 30-40 minuets at home using low impact workout videos or going to the gym doing a mile of cardio on a treadmill and 20 minuets of weight exercises. For my diet I’ve been trying to eat 1400-1500 calories a day, drinking only water and green tea and eating no junk food, more fruits and veggies and counting calories. At the doctor (before I started) I weighted 307 pounds. Yesterday when I went I weighed 282 pound! A whole 25 pound difference! To tell you the truth I am very proud of myself! I plan on keeping up this lifestyle forever if I’m lucky but I sure can tell you I can’t wait until I get to the point were I can ease up on my workouts and diet a little! lol

Congrats cvb, that's an amazing loss in that amount of time. Next time you're doing weights pick up 25lb and feel just how much you're no longer carrying around on your body, it's a real eye opener.

Don't feel bad about allowing yourself a cheat day every now and then. It's beneficial and helps with plateaus later.

cvb2377

Anyone know of any supplements to help give you energy? I feel like working out would be so much better if I had more energy but shopping for vitamins seems like a hit or miss. Not to mention the fact that they cost a lot. I asked the doctor and he told me there was no “magic energy pill” but I think there has to be!

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Anyone know of any supplements to help give you energy? I feel like working out would be so much better if I had more energy but shopping for vitamins seems like a hit or miss. Not to mention the fact that they cost a lot. I asked the doctor and he told me there was no “magic energy pill” but I think there has to be!
You could try caffeine pills they are sold in pharmacies under the name of ''pro plus''.

There's thousands of pre-workout supplements out there and the main ingredients they're based around are L-Arginine, caffeine, taurine and beta-alanine. They definitely give you a kick but I would not recommend any of them if you're just doing cardio/light weights. They can also cause bad reactions and it's easy to start relying on them.

In your situation I would suggest adjusting your meals so you're having one around 1-2 hours pre-workout, and a simple black coffee from time to time (without overdoing it) can give an extra boost. Remember the green tea you're drinking already can have a fair amount of caffeine in it.

For overall energy just maintain a good diet and keep in mind that as you progress with your workouts and lose more weight you're going to notice your energy levels rising over time. Keep pushing your limits steadily and you'll keep improving.

cvb2377

There's thousands of pre-workout supplements out there and the main ingredients they're based around are L-Arginine, caffeine, taurine and beta-alanine. They definitely give you a kick but I would not recommend any of them if you're just doing cardio/light weights. They can also cause bad reactions and it's easy to start relying on them.

In your situation I would suggest adjusting your meals so you're having one around 1-2 hours pre-workout, and a simple black coffee from time to time (without overdoing it) can give an extra boost. Remember the green tea you're drinking already can have a fair amount of caffeine in it.

For overall energy just maintain a good diet and keep in mind that as you progress with your workouts and lose more weight you're going to notice your energy levels rising over time. Keep pushing your limits steadily and you'll keep improving.
I’m not trying to rely on energy pills every time I workout it’s just for the day or two a week were I feel super tired and I don’t have a lot of energy. But I totally see we’re you’re coming from. I might even try out oolong tea on my low energy days because I hear it has more caffeine then green tea.

cvb2377

Another days workout complete! I had a cheat day yesterday and I kind of feel guilty, went to Olive Garden and endulged in pasta and soup. I have to keep reminding myself that I have had cheat days during my weight loss journey before and I still lost weight so I gotta stop beating myself up about it. 80% of the time I’m successful but Sometimes it’s hard to keep resisting food temptation, Especially since my mom eats a lot of stuff I’m not supposed to have and to top it off she cooks to0 much for only her to eat so there are leftovers that stare at me whenever I open the fridge. I’m trying to get her to go on a diet especially since her doctors recommended it and she’s overweight also, but she keeps putting it off. At least I can (most of the time) get her take me to the gym every other day but if she went on a diet I think both she and I would benefit and support each other

Hello :) congratulations. Be healthier is the key! There is no pill but you can try to eat healthy and take all the nutrients from non processed food and eat lots of fruits and veggies :) we hear this a lot but its the truth! Our bodies are amazing. All the thinks we can do. We may treat ourselves with loce

cvb2377

Ok update! I’ve lost more weight and I’m down to 272 pounds! I haven’t been this size for a couple years. I’ve usually stayed around 270 until the recent couple years when I gained 30 pounds. My main goal is to at least 250 and see how I look and feel. I don’t remember a time where I was anywhere near 250 so this is pretty exciting for me! Plus it’ll be cool to tell people I’ve lost over 50 pounds lol

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
35lbs in 2 months is an incredibly result, I'd preferably lose it slower but man, you are going so well. Can I ask what changes you have made to your diet? I'm the weight you started at and I am on a healthy eating plan since end of November but not going near scales lol.

Green tea boosts up metabolism or so I have read, so im going to try drinking 2-3 cups a day.

Well done again, treat yourself to something nice :)

cvb2377

35lbs in 2 months is an incredibly result, I'd preferably lose it slower but man, you are going so well. Can I ask what changes you have made to your diet? I'm the weight you started at and I am on a healthy eating plan since end of November but not going near scales lol.

Green tea boosts up metabolism or so I have read, so im going to try drinking 2-3 cups a day.

Well done again, treat yourself to something nice :)
I drink 2-3 cups of green tea a day and I try to drink 40-64 ounces of water a day also. I don’t drink my calories. I eat frozen dinners like lean cuisines or I’ll make baked fish or chicken with mixed veggies and sweet potato. I like to eat apples, grapes, granola bars and low fat yogurt for snacks when I’m still hungry. I’ve stopped buying junk food, eating fried foods and if I do go out to eat for example I’ll get a grilled chicken sandwich and not a hamburger, so healthier options. I do a 20 minute beginner cardio video and a 15 minute beginner weight training video every morning or if I go to the gym I do at least 1.25 miles on a treadmill and about 20 minuets of different weight machines. I make no excuses about working out unless it’s a holiday or I go on vacation.

cvb2377

I got a Fitbit on Black Friday and I really like it a lot ! I make sure I burn at least 450 calories a day during my workouts with it but it’s usually more if I hit the gym. Tomorrow will be day 60 of my workouts. Technically day 64 but I took 3 days off when I went to comic con and a day off for thanksgiving. I don’t feel like I look much different from when I started but people say I do so that’s cool. I really need to go clothes shopping so maybe when I buy smaller clothes it’ll all sink in. I have noticed my pants don’t really fit right so it’ll be nice to confirm my progress with a new wardrobe

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00