What are some songs that help you feel good?

Sometimes when I'm down, I look to music as a way to recover. Whether it's music for empathy, music for reminding me of what to focus on, music to help me cry and have a release of built up emotions, or music that sparks joy.

I'm curious to know what songs other people go for when they want to feel good. What's a song that you first think of when you want to feel positive and uplifted?

For me, this is a song that always makes me feel like I have a smile on the inside. I'm not sure why, but it really lifts my spirits when I listen to it.

Please share some songs with me, I'd love to hear them! :):):)

QuantumLeap

Firing with all synapses!!
Staff Alumni
SF Author
SF Multi Media
SF Supporter
@Snake on the Moon... so sorry for the delay in responding! :eek:

I don't really know how to answer that question... :) it's a little bit like, 'what sort of food best assuages your hunger...?' it's a different food depending on your mood or the time of the day... or your circumstances etc... :)

But... I guess I like anything that evokes great feeling or emotion... or anything that stirs within me a great feeling of inspiration and energy :)

Hope that sort of makes sense :)

Sometimes when I'm down, I look to music as a way to recover. Whether it's music for empathy, music for reminding me of what to focus on, music to help me cry and have a release of built up emotions, or music that sparks joy.

I'm curious to know what songs other people go for when they want to feel good. What's a song that you first think of when you want to feel positive and uplifted?

For me, this is a song that always makes me feel like I have a smile on the inside. I'm not sure why, but it really lifts my spirits when I listen to it.

Please share some songs with me, I'd love to hear them! :):):)
I of course have tons of songs, this is just one that cheered me up recently. :P

alice202

SF Supporter
Hold on Just One More Day

I know there's pain
Why do lock yourself up in these chains?
No one can change your life except for you
Don't ever let anyone step all over you
Just open your heart and your mind
Is it really fair to feel this way inside?

Some day somebody's gonna make you want to
Turn around and say goodbye
Until then baby are you going to let them
Hold you down and make you cry
Don't you know?
Don't you know things can change
Things'll go your way
If you hold on for one more day
Can you hold on for one more day
Things'll go your way
Hold on for one more day

You could sustain
Or are you comfortable with the pain?
You've got no one to blame for your unhappiness
You got yourself into your own mess
Lettin' your worries pass you by
Don't you think it's worth your time
To change your mind?

Don't you know?
Things'll go your way
Can you hold on for one more day
Things'll go your way
Hold on for one more day

I know that there is pain
But you hold on for one more day and
Break free the chains
Yeah I know that there is pain
But you hold on for one more day and you
Break free, break from the chains

Don't you know?
Things'll go your way
If you hold on for one more day yeah
If you hold on

Things'll go your way
If you hold on
Can you hold on
Hold on baby
Won't you tell me now
Hold on for one more day 'Cause
It's gonna go your way

Things'll go your way
Can't you change it this time

Make up your mind
Hold on
Hold on
Baby hold on

ghosTea

Counterculture Nerd
SF Multi Media
SF Supporter
I listen to mostly depressing or angry music the stuff that forces me out of that mood is what I call my guilty pleasures. It comes from my fun collection where I don't know what emotion you can tap into other then fun. I don't really find strength in lyrics I always am attached to lyrics I can empathize with so the songs also generally are about mundane things or stuff outside of my normal life experiences. You know going you, having fun, lots of friends, themed parties stuff like that haha. Music is a wonderful thing though I like that everyone will have a different answer here.

I listen to mostly depressing or angry music the stuff that forces me out of that mood is what I call my guilty pleasures. It comes from my fun collection where I don't know what emotion you can tap into other then fun. I don't really find strength in lyrics I always am attached to lyrics I can empathize with so the songs also generally are about mundane things or stuff outside of my normal life experiences. You know going you, having fun, lots of friends, themed parties stuff like that haha. Music is a wonderful thing though I like that everyone will have a different answer here.
What genres of music do you listen to? I have the occasional time where I listen to some metal, usually when I'm tired of feeling stepped on or I need some empathy for the anger that I'm feeling.

Fell Mor

I don't lsten to songs to make me feel good. I listen to songs for the history, for the rich cultural feeling that surrounds you. I don't listen to modern songs, only those from previous generations. My favorite is probably 80s rock.

ghosTea

Counterculture Nerd
SF Multi Media
SF Supporter
What genres of music do you listen to? I have the occasional time where I listen to some metal, usually when I'm tired of feeling stepped on or I need some empathy for the anger that I'm feeling.
Oh when I feel like I am being stepped on I listen to angry anarchist punk! I don't mess around with my anger ;) lol... Almost any genre, I stay away from mainstream and some genre's I only have a handful of artists I can appreciate... Mostly like I said I like depressing music. So male female heavy focused songs. The ones that give me power remind me I am not alone in my most desperate times. I could share some but I would also have a hard time knowing where to start. I really like Swans, Matt Elliott, Corina Repp, Boduf Songs, Matt Berry, Vic Chesnutt, Emma Ruth Rundle, Jenny Hval, Jay Munly.... Those are all probably some of my favorite vocalists/writers

ghosTea

Counterculture Nerd
SF Multi Media
SF Supporter
The idea of listening to music to not make you feel good blows my mind. The arts pretty much exists for that reason, or if not to feel good to find some sort of reflection of yourself which is still a way of making you feel better about being human. Especially when you mentioned those particular bands. So I am confused what you mean when you say you don't listen to them for fun.

Oh when I feel like I am being stepped on I listen to angry anarchist punk! I don't mess around with my anger ;) lol... Almost any genre, I stay away from mainstream and some genre's I only have a handful of artists I can appreciate... Mostly like I said I like depressing music. So male female heavy focused songs. The ones that give me power remind me I am not alone in my most desperate times. I could share some but I would also have a hard time knowing where to start. I really like Swans, Matt Elliott, Corina Repp, Boduf Songs, Matt Berry, Vic Chesnutt, Emma Ruth Rundle, Jenny Hval, Jay Munly.... Those are all probably some of my favorite vocalists/writers
I'm going to check a few of these out, if not all of them.

Fell Mor

The idea of listening to music to not make you feel good blows my mind. The arts pretty much exists for that reason, or if not to feel good to find some sort of reflection of yourself which is still a way of making you feel better about being human. Especially when you mentioned those particular bands. So I am confused what you mean when you say you don't listen to them for fun.
I listen to them to learn. I don't exactly enjoy music like everyone else, but it allows me direct access to the lifeblood of the culture of the time, since i missed out on it.

ghosTea

Counterculture Nerd
SF Multi Media
SF Supporter
Sorry I still don't understand but I will leave it at that I listen to music from all generations and all genres and I have fun with all of it but I do learn a lot about the culture at the same time. I can't imagine just listening to it for the culture aspect.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00