What are some songs that help you feel good?

Magalee

Hold on to hope
Sometimes when I'm down, I look to music as a way to recover. Whether it's music for empathy, music for reminding me of what to focus on, music to help me cry and have a release of built up emotions, or music that sparks joy.

I'm curious to know what songs other people go for when they want to feel good. What's a song that you first think of when you want to feel positive and uplifted?

For me, this is a song that always makes me feel like I have a smile on the inside. I'm not sure why, but it really lifts my spirits when I listen to it.

Please share some songs with me, I'd love to hear them! :):):)
These are songs that encourage me, I've typed some of the lyrics from each song:)

When I feel afraid:
Fear - by Blue October
"Today, I don't have to fall apart, I don't have to let the damage consume me, my shadows see through me"

When I feel pitiful and need a kick in the ass:
The sound of madness - by Shinedown
"I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain, somehow I'm still here to explain, that the darkest hour never comes in the night, you can sleep with a gun, but when are you going to wake up and fight (for yourself)?"

When I need hope that things will get better:
The Light - by Disturbed
"You need never feel broken again, sometimes darkness can show you the light"

When I feel sad:
Everybody hurts - by R.E.M.

This was such a good idea for a thread. Thanks!

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I love music, but I've got a problem with it. It whips up powerful emotions in me and the songs can stay stuck in my head for weeks after, along with the powerful emotions.

I find that lots of songs help cheer me up, but here is one song I listen to when I feel "down in the dumps":

(Song: 4 Non Blondes - What's Up)
I always loved that song, and when I used to drink too much and was down in the dumps, it was guaranteed to be on the playlist.

I don't know what it is about Nine In the Afternoon by Panic At the Disco that makes me so happy for some reason haha. It makes no sense, but hey, works for me
So that's my happy song! Has been ever since it came out.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00