Wtf *may trigger

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Ugh. Hate what I am remembering right now.

Mom hitting herself and calling herself stupid. Daring me to agree. Feeling responsible for it. For all the stuff mom hates about her life.

WTF.

Wish this would all go away.

2. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey Rocky, I'm sorry my friend that your going through these memories. Is there something that triggers this or is it from therapy bringing it to the surface. I hope you feel better.
    Hugs
    Brian

Rockclimbinggirl and brknsilence like this.
  4. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Yep, parents are pretty good at screwing their kids up most of the time. Then we feel we are to blame for their mistakes. I mean, just how confukted is that? You are not alone in that respect RCG.

I hope it all retreats to the back of your memory bank where you left it and stays there this time. Its one thing I am wary about with therapy, sometimes, it can open up some boxes that are better left closed. I digress, sorry.

Hugs, hope the day improves at some point.

Rockclimbinggirl and brknsilence like this.
  5. Rockclimbinggirl

I am not sure how this one came up sonce the counselling that I am doing right now is a working with emotions group.

Brian777 likes this.
  6. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

I would imagine that certain emotions are going to stir up some memories at some point.

7. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Hi, the way I read your story. Is that you are having flashbacks from your horrible childhood. I can't imagine everything you went through; sounds like a nightmare.

In my humble opinion it sounds like you may have PTSD. I have it myself from a horrible experience I endured while I was in the Navy. Are you receiving treatment for PTSD? If not maybe that would help you.

Take Care

8. Rockclimbinggirl

They are more like intrusive memories since I am still aware that it is the present.

I am doing a working with emotions group and planning to do trauma counselling after it.

moxman likes this.