Exercise club

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
:)
These are not my pics and they're not me but give a good idea of what bouldering outdoors is:
As seabird showed, it's basically rock climbing, but oriented small and hard problems to solve
I practice it indoors as I don't have access to rock climbing places but it's very fun still :)
I used to, but haven't for at least 10 years. Mi scusi for jumping into that question @Patafikss and @Kiwi2016 .
Thank you all...had no idea this was a thing... now wish still lived up in the mountains as we were surrounded by boulders :(... but did remind me that as a kid did climb a boulder at a camp went to and swung on natural vines over rocks & lake-- so thank you all for conjuring up that memory :)

Have water aerobics in a bit so looking forward to that---also talked to instructor about suggestions for exercises/weights as soon to be 60 this may be my last chance to get myself in shape and then be able to keep it...

Astrid78

that's what he thinks
Did my little workout this morning, adding on a 30min run in place as its too icy to run outdoors. After about 20mins I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I think this is the first time running since I quit smoking and I noticed a big difference in my ability to breathe.

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Did my little workout this morning, adding on a 30min run in place as its too icy to run outdoors. After about 20mins I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I think this is the first time running since I quit smoking and I noticed a big difference in my ability to breathe.
Great stuff! 😀

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Good for you...yes I too have noticed a big difference in breathing since quit as well...far braver than I to run in place for 30min...discovered that is like jump roping... seemed effortless when oh so much younger....

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Sounds like a fine improvement on the breathing which can help you feel better for working out going forward.

Inanimate

I opted not to go to the gym today due to the freezing temperatures. Instead, I did what I usually do on my rest days, which is stretching, the McGill Big Three, and correcting my squat. As it stands, I can’t squat past a certain depth without raising my heels, and even then I can’t maintain the position with a neutral spine. To illustrate, my pelvis tilts backwards at the bottom of the squat, causing my lower spine to round and go into flexion. In short, I “butt wink.”

For the time being, I’m training myself to hold the position with my heels elevated and gradually decrease the height of the support as I begin to get comfortable. For example, I started with a 3 inch high wooden board a few months ago, and now I’m using a 2 inch high board. The exercise consists of 5-10 repetitions starting with a slow, controlled descent into the squat position and ending with a 10-20 second hold. Even by doing this just 3-4 times a week, I’ve noticed significant improvement in my technique, endurance, and overall stability of my squat.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00