Took 5 years to learn how to make a custom title.
Welcome once again to Jim's Cafe! I know I usually leave it until there hasnt been a cafe for a while and then I scold you all for letting it happen *sf_wink but this time I kinda felt like putting something up. This isnt going to be my usual "maximum effort" attempt with multiple tables, especially since, well, the "today we are celebrating..." list is kinda weak for the 21st, mainly whales, nest boxes and various bread products, so today Im just going to have the 1 table, and you can all participate.
1) The pain of rejection is REAL, brain scans have shown people who have been rejected socially show the same patterns of brain activity to those experiencing physical pain, so dont let anyone tell you you aren't hurting.
2) It takes time for the brain to develop empathy, so before a certain age we are all testable sociopaths
3) We make most of our decisions unconsciously and justify them afterwards, this has been tested by people being asked to justify their answers to a questionnaire and being given a questionnaire with different answers to the ones they filled out, and they go right ahead and argue for those answers without thinking about it.
4) Memories are seriously unreliable, they degrade over time and our minds are constantly filling in the gaps by simply making it up, this mechanism is so strong that if you are suitably convinced that an event happened which didn't actually happen, your mind will often MAKE a memory from scratch to fit. (This makes witness testimony hilariously unreliable too)
Yes, today we are having some exciting activities that I expect you ALL to participate in.
1) Pick someone on SF (Try not to pick someone who someone else picked) Tag them and say something good about them, not just "oh your great" something specifically about them.
2) Look at yourself and do the same thing, say something great to yourself and mean it, because you deserve it. (You do deserve it, no arguing).
3) If you're like me and stick to the "Latest Posts" section of the forum all too much, go exploring, find a corner of the forum you never visited before and see if there is anything that is worth posting in.
1) What have you been up to?
2) What's the FIRST thing you plan to do when all this pandemic crap is over, the shops are open again and hugging isn't frowned upon?
3) If you could bring back any trend, be it fashion, music, slang, anything, what would it be and why?
4) Oh would you look at that, a Genie's lamp. What are your 3 wishes?
5) Who on SF has really helped you? (Tagging them in your response is encouraged)
As ever, I am going to cheat and slowly copy these from a previous Cafe. Please tag anyone I missed, and if you would like to be removed from my list, please PM me.
@Aurelia @FlamingoWrangler @HappyKitty @johnDoen @Kiwi2016 @cymbele @extraterrestrialone @Sunday16