Jim's Cafe - 21st Feb 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
1) Pick someone on SF (Try not to pick someone who someone else picked) Tag them and say something good about them, not just "oh your great" something specifically about them.
@MisterBGone is always a blast to talk to.
I agree with every-thing, You just said HERE: (Miss~Witt^_*)> ;) So.. "Touche`," :D -as for 'The Rest (of it..)~*.^(;_.' I Didn't R-E-A-D.!.!.!.!.;););) ~(just joking!)_ 'twas munificent/numerically spoeaking; or so!' :D *bows~ to the Empress!!!!! (^=

Przym

1) What have you been up to?

Building my mini synth set-up.

I have a three-tier Korg Volca rack that will hold the Keys, FM, and NuBass, and will acquire the Pocket Operator Tonic after I sell off my Volca Drum. I have those synths all connected to a Nu-Tekt NTS-1, which is a tiny synthesizer with built-in FX that comes as a kit and you have to put it together yourself. That thing makes the synths sound juicy with lots of delay and reverb.

Other than that, basically just discerning on becoming Catholic and looking for a job.

2) What's the FIRST thing you plan to do when all this pandemic crap is over, the shops are open again and hugging isn't frowned upon?

Probably nothing, which is exactly what I did before it all started.

3) If you could bring back any trend, be it fashion, music, slang, anything, what would it be and why?

I don't know if I'd call it a trend, but man, I miss MSN chatrooms from 1999-2003. Those places were lit and surprisingly mostly clear of perverts.

Fashion from the 90's seems to be making a comeback with Generation Z.

4) Oh would you look at that, a Genie's lamp. What are your 3 wishes?

I'd ask for $5m in tax-free money, for my sister's heart problems to be healed, and maybe the ability to go invisible at will?

5) Who on SF has really helped you? (Tagging them in your response is encouraged)

I don't know if anyone here has really helped, as in made any sort of significant impact in my life, but a couple people have been there in a time I just needed a kind chat. Both have sort of disappeared now. I did clear out my inbox which requires one to leave conversations, so I hope they didn't interpret that as some sort of spiteful thing.

One of them is @Were all together.

Harrow

ACTIVITIES

Pick someone on SF (Try not to pick someone who someone else picked) Tag them and say something good about them, not just "oh your great" something specifically about them.

@Dante, I'm sure I'm not the first too choose you, me and rules do not get on well together, but I find you the essence of a good man and I admire you a great deal

Look at yourself and do the same thing, say something great to yourself and mean it, because you deserve it. (You do deserve it, no arguing).

I'm tall 😝

If you're like me and stick to the "Latest Posts" section of the forum all too much, go exploring, find a corner of the forum you never visited before and see if there is anything that is worth posting in.

Anyone tell you that your a little bossy!!

QUESTIONS

What have you been up to?

Not a lot really, mostly reading. Started the sign up process to do a BA degree in teaching and I went too the gym. Hopefully soon I won't have chicken arms.

What's the FIRST thing you plan to do when all this pandemic crap is over, the shops are open again and hugging isn't frowned upon?

Fly away from this country. Go out and do everything. Literally everything like a madman.

If you could bring back any trend, be it fashion, music, slang, anything, what would it be and why?

A code of chivalry. But upgrade to the modern times so we can always be kind and generous to one another no matter who we are and where we are from.

Oh would you look at that, a Genie's lamp. What are your 3 wishes?

The end of depression and anxiety for the world

Natalie Portman to madly fall in love with me

And some cash cold hard cash because I got needs lol

Who on SF has really helped you? (Tagging them in your response is encouraged)

@VioletDawn

For everything and always been there

@bubblebear

For teaching me to be a good friend

@Kitten

For loving me

@Dinolaur

For teaching me how to be accepted

@SleepyOwl

For having faith in the world and showing me its okay that I have that faith too

@Auri

For giving me so much strength

@unnoticed

For making me laugh and smile like crazy

@Dante

For showing me how to do this

@TreeShade17

For being the friend I need

@Citizen Insane

For always making me smile

@Dycorp

I'll have to pm you the answer 🤦‍♂️

And there are many more I cannot think of at the moment 🤗

So so tired

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
Staff Alumni
ACTIVITIES

Pick someone on SF (Try not to pick someone who someone else picked) Tag them and say something good about them, not just "oh your great" something specifically about them.

@Lux i think you’re great, you’re strong willed, you’re blunt and to the point, you make everything seem fun and you’re a truly strong female to have in this world and I truly am grateful for knowing you

Look at yourself and do the same thing, say something great to yourself and mean it, because you deserve it. (You do deserve it, no arguing).
I really like my eyes 👀

QUESTIONS

What have you been up to?
So, I haven’t really been up to much, it’s been a chill week with the kids being on half term but today I finally finished a diamond painting that I’ve been trying to finish for months!

What's the FIRST thing you plan to do when all this pandemic crap is over, the shops are open again and hugging isn't frowned upon?
I think there’s going to be a few parties within both sides of the family and I can’t wait to see all my family ♥️

If you could bring back any trend, be it fashion, music, slang, anything, what would it be and why?
Not a trend, but I’d so like to bring MSN back!

Oh would you look at that, a Genie's lamp. What are your 3 wishes?

mhmm
⭐️ To buy a house!
⭐️ To be skinny and still be able to eat whatever I liked
⭐️ For everyone here to remain healthy and happy

Who on SF has really helped you? (Tagging them in your response is encouraged)

@Lux

For everything and always been there

@SleepyOwl

For teaching me to be a good friend

@Citizen Insane

For loving me

@Harrow

For teaching me how to be accepted

@Auri

For having faith in the world and showing me its okay that I have that faith too

@bubblebear

For giving me so much strength

@Lux

For making me laugh and smile like crazy

@Lux @Harrow @bubblebear @ravens @Auri

For showing me how to do this

@The Tigress ♡

For being the friend I need

@Bradamante

For always making me smile

@Dycorp

Last edited:

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
1) What have you been up to? Third floor of my house
2) What's the FIRST thing you plan to do when all this pandemic crap is over, the shops are open again and hugging isn't frowned upon? Getting a haircut, heading out to one of the local restaurants with a few cousins for a proper session just like old times.
3) If you could bring back any trend, be it fashion, music, slang, anything, what would it be and why? Shakespearian swearing
4) Oh would you look at that, a Genie's lamp. What are your 3 wishes? Personally, I'd ask for an infinite amount of wishes to be granted. That way I won't have any issues trying to select the best three.
5) Who on SF has really helped you? (Tagging them in your response is encouraged) What apart from myself? I'm not tagging names, as exclusion from any list may not go down that well.

ty for tagging me @Auri. i know you didn't have to do that. :)
1) What have you been up to?
i have been stressing about school and work. dreading going back to work right now even though i took two days off in a row. i just didn't get enough done. i am also dreading tomorrow, monday because i haven't gotten all the things i should have gotten done. wednesday approaches, and that will be a big awful day that i will need to be prepared for. i have to give a presentation over zoom on my senior thesis which i haven't been mentally or physically well enough to address. other than checking up on forums and procrastinating of course.
2) What's the FIRST thing you plan to do when all this pandemic crap is over, the shops are open again and hugging isn't frowned upon?
i am going to fly out of the country, hopefully i will have had enough saved by then, and travel a little. maybe attend a music festival.
3) If you could bring back any trend, be it fashion, music, slang, anything, what would it be and why?
i don't know this is hard. a lot of the trends i see are actually coming back, with a modern twist. i guess it'd be nice to see a resurgence of 50s/60s beachy music coming back. thinking like beach boys and the like.
4) Oh would you look at that, a Genie's lamp. What are your 3 wishes?
i wish my face and skin were fixed, that i could look normal or even a little prettier. i wish i knew my biological mother's language fluently. i wish i had social grace and could navigate social interactions without cringing later and letting social anxiety take over.
5) Who on SF has really helped you? (Tagging them in your response is encouraged)
i have found the tips on finding a therapist thread immensely helpful. it really opened my eyes as a newbie therapy patient.
everyone has been so helpful. and its nice to know that i'm not alone and that people have (unfortunately) experienced similar things to me.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Mambo #5) @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ : ) _& "No!" ...Gun's NOT -(to head?) ;^) . . :D j/k! argh.??.!_(just Can't, quite- "recall,") What~ELSE: it is...;) Im supposed to say?!? ;D (let's just go with this, since it's such a "Fan_Favorite!")*~> 'You're THE best,' ~wit; i Mean^it. . :) // I REALLY Do.?.!.;)~* (^;
Lol thanks, but you're the true MVP of the forum, at least in my mind :D

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
5. Many people. MANY people. ......... @JMG ............ Just to name a few, like I said, MANY people have helped me. Thank you all for helping me through some very difficult times. I appreciate you all *grouphug2
Wow, think this is the first time I was ever tagged in one of these kinds of q's! It's quite a nice and shocking feeling I must say. Definitely never met anyone who came close to appreciating me even half as much as you do so tysm dear friend! I think I retract what I said about not singling someone out, I will single someone out for this q as well and say that yes there is absolutely a very special someone who has really made a difference for me here and who I appreciate and am so grateful for - you! I had utterly lost all hope that it was even possible to find a person who was able to feel appreciation to me in a real and sincere way, was definitely starting to doubt whether I even deserved to find such a person so to say this really means a lot to me...there's just no words that could even begin to express it. I hope you know how much your acknowledgement and appreciation means to me though, so happy right now I just don't even know what to say or do. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) *hug*hug*hug*hug*hug

Tysm Sunspots that is kind of you, I am feeling a lot better now (not just physically either) :) Hope you are well too ;) *hug

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
I thought of some other people I will mention too, maybe it won't mean a thing to them but I'm gonna say it anyway.
Some others here who have really helped me in some way are:

@1964dodge - For always being so caring, kind and thoughtful to others in the How are you feeling thread and lots of other ones too, and just being a nice person to talk to. :) *hug

@pooky - For all the hugs given over the years and being a nice friend :) *hug

@Champagne - For making nice/fun cafes with fun q's and always tagging me (same goes for ALL who have remembered me in the tags when they've opened cafes, it definitely means a lot to me to not be forgotten in them) :) *hug

@MisterBGone - For being fun, funny and witty and making me laugh when I felt so low I wasn't sure if I'd ever laugh about anything again. :) *hug

@Lane @Kiwi2016 - For both seeming like very kind and caring people. I always enjoy reading your posts :) *hug

@Ash600 - This might sound really sad but I guess I don't really care how anyone judges me, esp. after how the last year has been. For talking to me. I never woulda thought you'd want to talk to someone so dull, boring and otherwise hopelessly uninteresting as me so the fact that you have...well it really means a lot to me. I admire you a lot. I admire everyone I've mentioned here & lots of others too, you guys all seem to be so effortlessly fun, interesting, smart and nice. I could never even hope to be at any of your levels, but you all inspire me nonetheless, so thank you for that :) *hug

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I thought of some other people I will mention too, maybe it won't mean a thing to them but I'm gonna say it anyway.
Some others here who have really helped me in some way are:

@1964dodge - For always being so caring, kind and thoughtful to others in the How are you feeling thread and lots of other ones too, and just being a nice person to talk to. :)*hug

@pooky - For all the hugs given over the years and being a nice friend :)*hug

@Champagne - For making nice/fun cafes with fun q's and always tagging me (same goes for ALL who have remembered me in the tags when they've opened cafes, it definitely means a lot to me to not be forgotten in them) :)*hug

@MisterBGone - For being fun, funny and witty and making me laugh when I felt so low I wasn't sure if I'd ever laugh about anything again. :)*hug

@Lane @Kiwi2016 - For both seeming like very kind and caring people. I always enjoy reading your posts :)*hug

@Ash600 - This might sound really sad but I guess I don't really care how anyone judges me, esp. after how the last year has been. For talking to me. I never woulda thought you'd want to talk to someone so dull, boring and otherwise hopelessly uninteresting as me so the fact that you have...well it really means a lot to me. I admire you a lot. I admire everyone I've mentioned here & lots of others too, you guys all seem to be so effortlessly fun, interesting, smart and nice. I could never even hope to be at any of your levels, but you all inspire me nonetheless, so thank you for that :)*hug
thank you @JMG it means a lot to me.

mike...*hug*shake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00