Has anyone on here had experience being in a relationship with a real life yandere? For those who don't know "Yandere" is derived from the Japanese words yanderu, meaning insane or sick, and deredere, meaning affectionate or loving. Simply put, a yandere is someone who is lovesick; someone who has been driven to insanity by extreme obsession or love, thus resulting in abnormal behaviour if not violence. Have any of you been caught up in a relationship with a real life yandere before? and if so how did you get out of it?

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I would just like to give my very short opinion on this new phenomenon, in case someone tries to glamourize or romanticize this, because it makes me particularly angry. It seems like you are not promoting it either, so I hope not to offend you in any way. I haven't ever been in a relationship with a yandere, but let's call things as they are. Yandere are young narcissists and/or psychopaths in disguise, who justify their toxic, abusive and violent behaviour with obsessive love and jealousy towards their victim. Even the word is dangerous, because unless you're Japanese you won't know the meaning, and part of it makes you believe it can actually be affectionate or loving. Yet it has nothing to do with love, and everything with power and violence.
I hope you and no one else on this forum had to go through that. :(

I would just like to give my very short opinion on this new phenomenon, in case someone tries to glamourize or romanticize this, because it makes me particularly angry. It seems like you are not promoting it either, so I hope not to offend you in any way. I haven't ever been in a relationship with a yandere, but let's call things as they are. Yandere are young narcissists and/or psychopaths in disguise, who justify their toxic, abusive and violent behaviour with obsessive love and jealousy towards their victim. Even the word is dangerous, because unless you're Japanese you won't know the meaning, and part of it makes you believe it can actually be affectionate or loving. Yet it has nothing to do with love, and everything with power and violence.
I hope you and no one else on this forum had to go through that. :(
Good post i agree yandere characters in anime and manga are interesting but real life yanderes are very dangerous and people shouldn't glamorize or romanticize them i have seen that happen on social media with Yuka Takaoka and i find it disgusting that she has a fan-base after what she did but it is good that those people are also being called out as well.

I knew a young couple when i was in university. The girl was kind of Yandere: controlfreak, narcissistic and offensive towards the guy.
He left and she tried to commit suicide, then she was in depression.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00