I don't know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockclimbinggirl

SF climber
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I just found out that my dad's uncle passed away. My parents want me to come home for a few days for the funeral.

I do not know if I am ready to go home. My parents would want to talk to me and there are things that I really do not want to tell them. Just thinking about my parents coming to visit me makes me anxious.

And then there is my mom. She does not like some of the people on my dad's side of the family.

And there is also school. I have deferred exams, but my parents do not know that I deferred them.

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hey Rocky, your Dads uncle doesn't sound like a really close family member to you. I don't mean that in a bad way, but it's not like he's your uncle. I would try and come up with a good excuse to get out of it, it's not worth putting yourself through the mental anguish to go home. Maybe send a nice card or something and leave it at that. I realize you're probably feeling pressured by them, but I'd be concerned with the effects this would have on you. You need to look after yourself and I'm sure your parents will get over it. Hope it all turns out okay.
Brian

mpk

Rockclimbing, I think you should do what is right for you yet on the other hand if it keeps the peace in the family go. You can set guidelines as to what you want to talk about or reveal, just state that you are here to pay your respects and nothing more.
I have missed some funerals for relatives, some due to where I was at in the point in my life and some due to I was not close to the person who passed, it did not seem to make a difference to anyone whether I was there or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00